Turkey, Candy Potato, and Black Bean Soup is a good use for leftover turkey, however you may as well make this tasty soup with rooster. And I’ve adjusted this recipe a bit to make use of extra turkey and fewer beans and candy potatoes for a lower-carb model. (See recipe notes when you have been a fan of the unique soup.)
PIN Turkey, Candy Potato, and Black Bean Soup to attempt it later!
It received’t be lengthy earlier than you might need leftover turkey, and whenever you do that scrumptious and straightforward Turkey, Candy Potato, and Black Bean Soup is a stunning approach to make use of it. Certainly one of my favourite traditions for the day after Thanksgiving is taking the turkey carcass, placing it in a roasting pan with a lot of water, onions, carrots, celery, and a little bit of Penzeys Turkey Soup Base, and filling up the home with the odor of turkey inventory.
This soup recipe with turkey, black beans, and lime is one in all my favourite soups to make with leftover turkey, and I’m indulging my love of candy potatoes in soup right here as nicely. This recipe is fairly versatile, however don’t pass over the contact of recent lime juice added on the very finish. Lime and candy potatoes, that’s what makes this soup so completely scrumptious!
What elements do you want?
Can this recipe be made with rooster?
Any soup recipe that makes use of leftover turkey may also be made with cooked diced rooster!
What did I do to make this a lower-carb soup?
I like this soup a lot, however the unique recipe was extra of a carb splurge than I wished lately with each beans and candy potatoes. To make a lower-carb model of the soup, I simply used much less candy potatoes and beans and extra turkey. And I additionally added a bit of extra turkey inventory to verify it’s nonetheless eight servings. Right here’s the printer-friendly recipe of the unique model for anybody who was a fan!
Need Low-Carb Turkey Soups?
Take a look at Low-Carb and Keto Turkey Soup Recipes to see the lowest-carb turkey soup recipes on my weblog and blogs across the net.
Extra Scrumptious Recipes for Turkey Soup:
How one can make Turkey, Candy Potato, and Black Bean Soup:
(Scroll down for full recipe with dietary data.)
- You can also make the soup utilizing rooster broth from a can, however I extremely advocate making turkey inventory if in case you have a turkey carcass. Right here is tips on how to make Turkey Inventory, and it’ll make your home odor nice whereas it cooks.
- Begin by cooking the onions and celery a couple of minutes within the backside of the soup pot.
- Then add diced candy potatoes, spices, and turkey inventory and simmer about 40 minutes.
- Add black beans and liquid and simmer about quarter-hour extra.
- Then add the diced turkey and inexperienced chiles and simmer one other quarter-hour.
- Stir within the lime juice, simmer a couple of minutes extra, and serve scorching.
- That is good with cheese and bitter cream to sprinkle on on the desk.
Weekend Meals Prep:
This recipe has been added to a class known as Weekend Meals Prep that can assist you discover recipes you possibly can prep or cook dinner on the weekend and eat in the course of the week!
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cups diced candy potato, lower in items about 1/2 inch (see notes)
- 2 tsp. dried oregano (see notes)
- 2 tsp. floor cumin
- 1 tsp. floor chile powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 6 cups turkey inventory (see notes)
- one 15 oz. can black beans
- 4 cups diced leftover turkey (see notes)
- 4 oz. can diced inexperienced chiles
- 1/4 cup recent squeezed lime juice (I used my fresh-frozen lime juice)
- salt, recent floor black pepper to style
- Warmth olive oil in heavy soup pot, add onions and celery and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add candy potatoes, oregano, cumin, chile powder, sage, and turkey inventory, decrease warmth to a simmer, and cook dinner about 40 minutes, stirring a couple of occasions.
- Add black beans, rinsing out the can with a small quantity of water and including all bean liquid. Simmer soup quarter-hour extra.
- Add diced turkey and inexperienced chiles and simmer about quarter-hour extra.
- Stir in recent lime juice, season with salt and pepper as desired, and cook dinner 5 minutes extra.
- Serve scorching, with further recent lime to squeeze into soup if desired.
These are orange candy potatoes, which are sometimes known as Yams or Candy Yams in U.S. shops. I used Mexican oregano, however both type will work.
You should utilize rooster inventory or broth for this soup if you do not have turkey inventory.
I would use 3-4 cups leftover turkey, relying on how thick you favor the completed soup to be.
This could be nice with bitter cream, chopped cilantro, or grated cheese, and you might even add crushed corn chips for members of the family who aren’t watching their carbs.
If you wish to make the unique higher-carb model of this recipe, you’ll find it right here.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 327Complete Fats: 9gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 6gLdl cholesterol: 79mgSodium: 635mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 29g
Diet data is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss program / Low-Glycemic Weight loss program / South Seaside Weight loss program Strategies:
Candy potatoes and black beans are each thought of to be “good carbs” for the unique South Seaside Weight loss program, that means they’re digested slowly. This Turkey, Candy Potato, and Black Bean Soup can be appropriate for section 2 or 3 on South Seaside. I’ve adjusted this recipe so it’s decrease in carbs, however test the dietary data when you’re following a stricter low-carb plan.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Take a look at Soup Recipes for extra tasty soups! Use the Weight loss program Sort Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also Observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2007! It was up to date with higher photographs in 2014 and final up to date in 2021 with recipe tweaks to make it a lower-carb soup.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.