Peperoncini Salad with Romaine, Peppers, and Feta is a favourite salad I’ve made again and again for household events. In case you like spicy Greek Peperoncini and creamy Feta Cheese, you’re going to swoon over this salad that’s nice any time of 12 months!
PIN Peperoncini Salad to attempt it later!
Do you’ve gotten any favourite salad recipes you make again and again? I’ve been loopy over this Peperoncini Salad with Romaine, Peppers, and Feta for fairly a number of years now, and I’ve a number of relations who at all times smile after they see I’ve made it for a celebration!
What makes the flavors actually rock on this salad (apart from the slices of Peperoncini) is the addition of some Peperoncini brine added to the dressing. In case you like Peperoncini once you get some in a restaurant salad, you’ll undoubtedly like this salad. I additionally love that the salad makes use of slices of candy mini-peppers for a festive look.
And it is a salad I make any time of 12 months and I by no means get uninterested in it, so I’m that includes it for my Friday Favorites choose this week. In case you like spicy Peperoncini peppers and among the different considerably assertive components like Feta cheese and candy mini peppers, I hope you get pleasure from attempting it!
What components do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely a listing of components; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’ll take you on to the entire recipe.)
What was the inspiration for this salad recipe?
The recipe was impressed a Greek Italian Chopped Salad that I noticed in The Bon Appetit Cookbook: Quick Simple Contemporary (affiliate hyperlink) an enormous e book that’s loaded with good recipe concepts. The unique recipe didn’t have Peperoncini, however once I learn the components I instantly thought it might be a pleasant addition. Apart from romaine, purple bell pepper, and feta, the unique salad had garbanzos, sliced fennel, sliced purple onion, and salami, so you could possibly add any of these to my model in the event that they attraction to you.
Is it Pepperoncini or Peperoncini?
The phrase for the spicy peppers used on this salad is usually spelled Pepperoncini, however on the jars I’ve purchased for years it’s spelled Peperoncini, in order that’s how I often spell it!
The place to purchase Spicy Peperoncini Peppers:
You will get Peperoncini Pepper (affiliate hyperlink) or Sliced Peperoncini Peppers (affiliate hyperlink) at Amazon for those who don’t discover them at your retailer, however most grocery shops could have these briny barely spicy peppers offered close to the olives and pickles.
Need extra Salads with Peperoncini Peppers or Feta?
The Peperoncini Peppers and the Feta Cheese used on this recipe are no doubt two of my favourite salad components. In case you’re additionally a fan of these components you may prefer to see my round-ups for Favourite Salads with Peperoncini Peppers or Low-Carb and Keto Salads with Feta Cheese.
The best way to Make Peperoncini Salad with Romaine, Peppers, and Feta:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’ll take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Make the dressing first so the flavors have an opportunity to mix collectively whilst you prep the opposite components.
- To prep the Peperoncini, lower off the stem finish and discard, then squeeze out the seeds and lower into slices about 1/2 inch thick. (You may want to empty them in a colander in the event that they’re further juicy.) You should utilize roughly sliced Peperoncini to style; I used about 1 cup.
- Typically I purchase sliced Peperoncini peppers (affiliate hyperlink) to make it even simpler!
- Observe that very same course of with the candy mini-peppers, or simply chop up a purple bell pepper into skinny strips for those who want.
- Crumble the Feta Cheese so it’s prepared. I at all times purchase Feta Cheese that is available in a block for greatest taste.
- Chop or tear the romaine lettuce into bite-sized items, then spin dry within the salad spinner (affiliate hyperlink), or dry with paper towels.
- Toss the salad with desired quantity of dressings. Then toss within the crumbled Feta and toss once more.
- Then season the salad with a beneficiant quantity of black pepper (which you’ll be able to barely see in that final picture) and serve!
Extra Superb Salads with Feta Cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano (use Greek oregano in case you have it)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 T white wine vinegar
- 1 T Peperoncini brine (from the jar of Peperoncini)
- 6 T extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to style (I did not use a lot of both within the dressing)
- 6 cups chopped or torn romaine lettuce, washed and spun dry in salad spinner, or dry with paper towels
- 1 cup sliced Peperoncini (or extra, see notes)
- 1 cups sliced candy mini peppers (or use skinny slices of purple purple bell pepper for those who want; use extra pepper for those who want)
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese (or extra)
- fresh-ground black pepper to style (I didn’t use salt as a result of the Feta is salty)
- Put dried oregano and minced garlic in a small bowl and mash along with a fork or use a mortar and pestle (affiliate hyperlink). Add the white wine vinegar (affiliate hyperlink), Peperoncini juice, and salt and pepper to style and stir collectively. Whisk in olive oil about 2 tablespoons at a time till dressing is nicely emulsified and add a bit salt and fresh-ground black pepper if desired. Let dressing sit so flavors can mix whilst you prep different components.
- Lower or tear romaine lettuce into bite-sized items and wash and dry with salad spinner (affiliate hyperlink) or wash lettuce in a colander and dry with paper towels.
- Lower stem finish from every Peperoncini, squeeze out the seeds and discard, and slice Peperoncini into slices about 1/2 inch thick. (If they appear further juicy, drain Peperoncini in a colander as you narrow the stems off.
- Lower stems off the candy mini-peppers and lower out the seeds with a paring knife; then lower peppers into thick rings. (Or simply chop up a purple bell pepper into skinny strips for those who want.
- Crumble sufficient Feta cheese to measure 1/2 cup, or as a lot as you like.
- Put the lettuce into a big salad bowl and toss with desired quantity of dressing. Add Peperoncini strips, purple bell pepper strips, and crumbled Feta cheese and toss once more.
- Season salad to style with salt and contemporary floor black pepper and serve instantly. (I didn’t add any salt on the finish however did season with a beneficiant quantity of fresh-ground black pepper.)
- Each single time I’ve made this salad, it was all devoured instantly, so I don’t understand how nicely it might maintain in a single day within the fridge, however I’d guess it’s greatest freshly made.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 135Complete Fats: 12gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 9gLdl cholesterol: 8mgSodium: 378mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Vitamin info is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Eating regimen / Low-Glycemic Eating regimen / South Seaside Eating regimen Ideas:
This Peperoncini Salad is an ideal salad for low-carb and low-glycemic food plan plans, together with Keto. It’s additionally good for any section of the unique South Seaside Eating regimen. One purpose I used to be impressed to purchase two huge jars of Peperoncini is as a result of they’re such a splendidly low-carb ingredient.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Salad Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Eating regimen Kind Index to search out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may also prefer to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Salad:
The Peperoncini Salad with a few of my favourite components was first posted in 2010, and it’s been successful with my household ever since then. The salad was final up to date with extra info in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.