There’s a beneficiant quantity of garlic on this Garlic Lover’s CrockPot Beef Stew and the garlic will get candy and scrumptious within the gradual cooker.
PIN the garlicky CrockPot Beef Stew to attempt it later!
I’ve so many cookbooks that invariably a e-book will get pushed to the underside of the pile, after which I rediscover it. That’s precisely what occurred once I made this Garlic Lover’s CrockPot Beef Stew, impressed by a recipe from The Olive and the Caper (affiliate hyperlink), a e-book about Greek Cooking written by Susanna Hoffman.
The inspiring recipe requires 100 cloves of garlic, and though I used fairly a bit lower than that, this can be a stew for individuals who actually like the flavour of slow-cooked garlic. Should you’ve by no means had garlic that’s been cooked for a very long time, it’s candy and scrumptious, and this stew smells wonderful whereas it’s cooking.
And even for those who determine to not go for an entire cup of garlic cloves or use common olives as an alternative of Kalamata Olives, I promise this garlicky crockpot beef stew will probably be so scrumptious!
What components do you want for this recipe?
(That is ONLY an inventory of components for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it would take you on to the entire recipe.)
- beef chuck roast
- Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink) (for browning beef)
- canned beef broth (affiliate hyperlink) or reduced-sodium beef broth
- garlic cloves
- Kalamata Olives
- Capers (affiliate hyperlink)
- Bay Leaves (affiliate hyperlink)
- dried Greek Oregano (affiliate hyperlink)
- can of diced tomatoes with juice
- tomato sauce
- tomato paste (optionally available)
- Crimson Wine Vinegar (affiliate hyperlink)
- contemporary floor black pepper to style
What components give this CrockPot Beef Stew Greek flavors?
Moreover the garlic, the components that give this this gradual cooker stew these Greek flavors that so many individuals love embrace tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, capers, bay leaves, Greek Oregano, and a contact of red-wine vinegar.
Can this CrockPot Beef Stew cook dinner all day?
I cooked this on excessive for a bit over 4 hours, however for those who’re searching for one thing that may cook dinner on low all day, this recipe would even be good for that. I do advocate browning the meat, which you are able to do the evening earlier than and preserve it in a container within the fridge in a single day, simply in case your mornings are a bit rushed!
Need extra concepts for Gradual Cooker or On the spot Pot Dinners?
Easy methods to Make Garlic Lover’s CrockPot Beef Stew:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it would take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Lower the meat into 1 inch items and trim fats, as a lot as desired.
- Warmth oil in a big non-stick frying pan and brown the meat properly. Take away browned beef to the gradual cooker.
- Deglaze the pan with the meat inventory after which simmer till it’s lowered to three/4 cup.
- Whereas the inventory simmers, put together one cup every of sliced Kalamata Olives and Garlic Cloves. (I used peeled Christopher Ranch Garlic Cloves for the garlic, which made it straightforward.)
- Measure inventory if you suppose you will have lowered it and cease cooking when it’s 3/4 cup.
- Collect the capers, bay leaves, diced tomato, tomato sauce, tomato paste, purple wine vinegar, and likewise some Greek Oregano (which didn’t make it into the photograph! (You are able to do all this preparation the evening earlier than and preserve components within the fridge in a coated container in case your mornings are busy.)
- Put all components into gradual cooker and cook dinner on excessive for about 4 hours or low for about 8 hours.
- And right here’s the way it appeared when it was carried out. So, so scrumptious; hope you’ll attempt it for those who like garlic.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
I’d love this Garlic Lover’s CrockPot Beef Stew with Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese, Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts, or Cauliflower Rice with Basil, Parmesan, and Pine Nuts for a tasty low-carb meal.
Extra Recipes for Garlic Lovers:
Weekend Meals Prep:
This recipe has been added to a class referred to as Weekend Meals Prep that will help you discover recipes you possibly can prep or cook dinner on the weekend and eat through the week!
- 3 lb. beef chuck roast, trimmed as desired and reduce into items about 1 inch
- 1 T olive oil (for browning beef)
- one 15 oz. can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup garlic cloves, peeled and reduce into lengthwise slivers
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives, reduce in half lengthwise
- 2 T capers, rinsed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. dried Greek oregano
- one 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- one 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 T tomato paste (optionally available)
- 3 T purple wine vinegar
- contemporary floor black pepper to style
- Trim beef cubes, slicing off fats as a lot as desired.
- In heavy frying pan, warmth the oil over medium-high warmth and brown half of beef cubes, turning a number of occasions so it’s properly browned on all sides.
- Put browned beef in crockpot and brown the remainder of beef, including extra oil if wanted. Put second batch of browned beef cubes in crockpot.
- Add beef broth (or home made beef inventory) to frying pan, scraping up any browned bits from the underside of the pan, and simmer till beef broth is lowered to three/4 cup.
- Whereas beef is browning, reduce the garlic into slices and reduce the Kalamata Olives in half.
- Measure inventory to see when it is lowered to three/4 cup and add lowered broth to crockpot.
- Add garlic and olives to crockpot together with rinsed capers, bay leaves, oregano, canned tomatoes and juice, tomato sauce, tomato paste (if utilizing), purple wine vinegar, and pepper.
- Cook dinner on excessive for about 4 hours or a bit longer, till meat is tender and flavors are properly blended. (This may be cooked within the gradual cooker on low for 8-9 hours.)
- Serve scorching.
I used my Crock-Pot 3-1/2-Quart Gradual Cooker (affiliate hyperlink) for this recipe, however it might have been a bit smaller. This freezes very well, so for those who solely have a giant gradual cooker I’d simply double the recipe.
You can additionally cook dinner this on high of the range in a heavy dutch oven if in case you have a range that may simmer at very low warmth. I haven’t made it on the range, so I don’t know precisely how lengthy the cooking time can be.
Recipe tailored from The Olive and the Caper (affiliate hyperlink) by Susanna Hoffman.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 665Complete Fats: 42gSaturated Fats: 15gTrans Fats: 2gUnsaturated Fats: 24.4gLdl cholesterol: 188mgSodium: 726mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3.3gSugar: 3.6gProtein: 59g
Vitamin info is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss plan / Low-Glycemic Weight loss plan / South Seaside Weight loss plan Ideas:
This Crockpot Beef Stew has 10.7 internet carbs per serving when served alone in a bowl, so it ought to work for low-carb eating regimen plans. It’s an ideal fundamental dish for any section of the unique South Seaside Weight loss plan.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Stew Recipes or Gradual Cooker Recipes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight loss plan Kind Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may also prefer to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This Garlic Decrease’s CrockPot Beef Stew recipe was first posted in 2008. The photographs had been up to date in 2015 and the recipe was final up to date with extra info in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.