This spinach cheese bread recipe is full of flavour and vitamins. Image this: a golden, tacky loaf with the goodness of spinach, feta, a little bit blue cheese and crunchy seeds. And the very best half? I’ve acquired your again with step-by-step photographs to make it a breeze.
In This Publish:
If I’m gonna share a bread recipe, it higher be full of flavour and vitamins, like this scrumptious spinach cheese bread.
This savoury gem combines a little bit blue cheese, crumbled feta, and recent spinach all snuggled up in a do-it-yourself loaf.
What units it aside? It’s not only a flavour explosion however is straightforward and nutritious, too. It’s excessive in Vitamin A, calcium, zinc and folic acid, and with 11-12 grams of protein per slice, it’s fairly satiating. A big slice of spinach cheese bread with avocado and two soft-boiled eggs will get you near 30 grams of protein for the meal.
This bread recipe requires no kneading and it’s made like banana bread in a loaf pan. The feel is denser than your typical fluffy loaf of bread however that’s its uniqueness. Preserve that in thoughts so that you don’t count on a sourdough masterpiece right here. It’s not that form of bread!
You can also make it with gluten-free flour or common flour and it’s excellent for breakfast, a snack, or a scrumptious sidekick to your meals.
Whether or not you’re a seasoned baker or simply beginning out, be certain to offer it a strive. Plus, with step-by-step photographs, you’ve acquired this within the bag! Let’s dive in!
👉 🍞 In the event you’re searching for extra bready recipes, be certain to strive my quinoa flour banana bread, savoury grain-free, paleo bread (required no loaf pan) or jalapeño coconut bread with chipotle butter (this one can be Paleo and Low-Carb).
Here’s what you should make this tacky spinach bread recipe:
- Flour: The bottom that offers our bread construction, you should utilize all-purpose or gluten-free for this recipe. I haven’t tried making a grain-free model of this.
- Cornmeal: Provides a pleasant crunch and rustic flavour, I actually prefer it.
- Eggs: The binding agent that holds all the things collectively.
- Greek yogurt: Retains the bread moist and tender. There’s something about yoghurt in baked items, it simply works.
- Olive oil: Additionally for moisture but additionally provides a nice flavour. Mild olive oil will provide you with a extra delicate style and lighter color.
- Baking soda: The key for that excellent rise.
- Salt: You should utilize kosher salt or Himalayan salt (use lumps for character). Provides a singular contact of saltiness.
- Garlic powder: Infuses a mild garlic aroma. I typically add a little bit onion powder too.
- Poppy seeds and sesame seeds: For that satisfying crunch and nutty notes.
- Blue cheese (chopped) and Feta cheese (crumbled): The celebrities of the present, including creamy, tangy goodness. Professional Tip: Be at liberty to modify up the cheeses in the event you’re feeling adventurous!
- Contemporary spinach: The inexperienced powerhouse that provides color and vitamin.
How To Make Spinach Cheese Bread
Discover the complete checklist of substances, dietary data, and directions within the recipe card under. Listed here are some step-by-step photos to information you alongside.
- Step 1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Step 2. Combine baking soda with yogurt in a bowl, then set it apart till small bubbles seem.
- Step 3. In a big bowl, beat the eggs with oil.
- Step 4. Add the yogurt combination and salt to the egg combination, then give it an excellent stir.
- Step 5. Sift collectively the plain flour and cornmeal in one other bowl. Add half to the egg combination and mix.
- Step 6. Chop or course of the spinach till you will have small items (no over-blending, please!), and add it to the batter combination. Stir properly.
- Step 7. Add the remainder of the flour/cornmeal together with half of the poppy and sesame seeds and the entire garlic powder, to the spinach combination. Stir properly. It must be clean however not tremendous thick.
- Step 8. Now, add within the crumbled feta and chopped blue cheese. Give it one other good stir.
- Step 9. Pour the combination into the loaf pan, and sprinkle the remaining poppy and sesame seeds on high. Place it within the oven, guaranteeing the rack is within the center. Bake for half-hour or till it’s a wonderful golden brown. To make sure it’s carried out, poke it with a toothpick. If it comes out clear, you’re good to go!
- Cool the loaf within the pan till heat earlier than eradicating and slicing.
- Spinach prep: When mixing the spinach, watch out to not over-blend; we wish small items, not a mushy puree.
- Cheese selection: Whereas I really like blue cheese and feta, be happy to experiment along with your favorite cheese varieties. Simply maintain the general cheese amount related.
- Baking time: Regulate the bread within the oven. It must be golden brown and a toothpick ought to come out clear when inserted within the heart.
- Slicing tip: For clear slices, enable the bread to chill for a bit earlier than slicing. A serrated knife works wonders right here.
Questioning what to pair with this spinach cheese bread? Listed here are some facet dishes:
- Combined greens salad: Preserve it recent and lightweight with a easy salad dressed with French dressing. The bread’s tacky richness pairs splendidly with crisp greens. Strive my easy facet salad or Mediterranean couscous salad.
- Lunchbox set: Add it to your lunchbox with a boiled egg, cherry tomatoes, olives and hummus or layer just a few slices of ham or salami on high for a scrumptious sandwich.
- With soup: A heat bowl of soup is the right companion to this bread. Dip it in, and also you’re in for a comforting meal. Strive my roasted cherry tomato soup recipe or my hen potato soup.
- With stew: Whether or not it’s a bowl of hearty beef stew or a Spanish vegetable stew, this tacky bread could be an incredible addition.
- Pasta perfection: Serve slices of this bread alongside your favorite pasta dishes. It’s a superb sidekick for spaghetti, lasagna, or creamy Alfredo.
- Mediterranean unfold: Create a Mediterranean-inspired feast with hummus, olives, and recent veggies.
- Serve with Mediterranean meat dishes: This bread could be an incredible accompaniment to my lamb kabobs with Greek salad or roast garlic lemon hen.
- Put an avo on it: Toast a slice and unfold with creamy avocado topped with cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of salt or dukkah. Add a fried or boiled egg for an much more satiating meal.
Put your individual spin on this scrumptious tacky spinach bread. Listed here are some variations and flavour twists to think about:
- Add a burst of freshness with herbs like rosemary, thyme, or oregano. Merely combine them into the dough for an fragrant improve.
- Whereas blue cheese and feta are unbelievable, be happy to experiment with totally different cheeses. Strive cheddar, mozzarella, or goat cheese for distinctive flavour profiles.
- Improve the feel and style by tossing in some chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans. They’ll add a pleasant crunch.
- For a tangy kick, add chopped sun-dried tomatoes to the combo. Their intense flavour enhances the tacky goodness.
- Need a bit of warmth? A pinch of purple pepper flakes or some diced jalapeños can provide your bread a spicy twist.
Discover the complete checklist of substances, directions, and a dietary breakdown under. If in case you have questions or prepare dinner this recipe, please let me know within the feedback, and ensure to charge this recipe so it’s simple for others to seek out.
The spinach Cheese Bread recipe is tacky, savoury, and oh-so-delicious! Made with recent spinach, feat and a little bit blue cheese, with no kneading required and baked in a loaf pan, this bread is sprinkled with some poppy and sesame seeds for additional nuttiness and crunch. This bread may be made with gluten-free or common all-purpose flour.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Combine baking soda with yogurt in a bowl, then set it apart till small bubbles seem.
- In a big bowl, beat the eggs with oil.
- Add the yogurt combination and salt to the egg combination, then give it an excellent stir.
- Sift collectively the plain flour and cornmeal in one other bowl. Add half to the egg combination and mix.
- Chop or course of the spinach till you will have small items (no over-blending, please!), and add it to the batter combination. Stir properly.
- Add the remainder of the flour/cornmeal together with half of the poppy and sesame seeds and the entire garlic powder, to the spinach combination. Stir properly. It must be clean however not tremendous thick.
- Now, add within the crumbled feta and chopped blue cheese. Give it one other good stir.
- Pour the combination into the loaf pan, and sprinkle the remaining poppy and sesame seeds on high. Place it within the oven, guaranteeing the rack is within the center. Bake for half-hour or till it’s a wonderful golden brown. To make sure it’s carried out, poke it with a toothpick. If it comes out clear, you’re good to go!
- Cool the loaf within the pan till heat earlier than eradicating and slicing.
- Serving Measurement: 1 slice
- Energy: 270
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 434.3 mg
- Fats: 15.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.2 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 11.3 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 84.7 mg
Key phrases: Spinach bread, Cheese bread, No knead bread, feta bread, feta spinach bread, bread recipes, wholesome bread