Greek Air Fryer Hen Wings are a scrumptious low-carb appetizer or primary dish, and marinating the wings provides superb taste. The Greek wings have been scrumptious with the Whipped Feta Dip you see within the pictures, however this recipe provides different choices as properly.
PIN Greek Air Fryer Hen Wings to attempt them later!
Regardless that I all the time loved rooster wings as a low-carb appetizer to order in a restaurant, I’m unsure I’d have ever tried making them at dwelling. Then my brother Rand raved about some Greek Wings he made that have been served as a primary dish. And I noticed such a recipe could be good to cook dinner within the Air Fryer and serve with my new favourite Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac and these Greek Air Fryer Hen Wings have been the completely happy consequence.
I lower down the inspiring recipe and simplified it to offer you Greek wings which might be flavorful and in addition straightforward to make. However I need to emphasize that you simply don’t need to skip the step of marinating the wing so as to add the Greek flavors! We marinated them in a single day the primary time we examined the recipe and that labored completely. But when that isn’t attainable for you, I like to recommend a minimal of 4 hours marinating time (and eight hours or extra is even higher.
This recipe makes use of 1 1/2 kilos of wing items which makes 16-18 particular person wings, however in case you’re cooking for a crowd it might positively be doubled.
What components do you want?
(That is ONLY an inventory of components for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or in case you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’ll take you on to the entire recipe.)
- freshly-grated lemon zest (elective, however really useful)
- fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- extra-virgin olive oil
- minced garlic (or extra)
- dried oregano
- trimmed rooster wings
- Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac for serving (elective; see different choices beneath)
Which Air Fryer do I Use?
I’m loopy in regards to the Cuisinart Convection Air Fryer Toaster Oven (affiliate hyperlink) which is the one I used for this recipe. This air fryer has a bigger basket, which let me match 17 rooster wings, and I discover this mannequin very straightforward to make use of. I additionally just like the comfort of getting an air fryer that stays out on the counter. (Use Air Fryer Recipes to see all Air Fryer recipes on this web site.)
What components give these wings Greek Flavors?
The Greek flavors on this recipe come from olive oil, lemon, garlic, and oregano, that are the identical flavors used for marinating and . And in case you serve the wings with the Whipped Feta Dip that provides one other Greek taste into the combination.
Do rooster wings should be trimmed?
I purchased a six-pack of what Costco known as Hen Social gathering Wings and used two of the packages for this recipe. The Kirkland wings from Costco have been fairly well-trimmed, however once I seemed on the packages of wings at my regular grocery retailer it appeared like most of them would positively want trimming. Personally I get pleasure from wings probably the most once they simply have a average quantity of pores and skin, and I all the time need to trim off any fats.
Are you able to cook dinner Greek Hen Wings within the oven?
I haven’t tried cooking these Greek wings within the oven, however if you wish to use that methodology I’d set the temperature at 400F/205C and cook dinner wings on a baking sheet till wings are crispy and the thickest a part of the wing has reached a temperature of 165F/75C. Cooking time within the oven shall be positively longer than within the Air Fryer.
What different dips could be good with the Greek Wings?
We did love the wings with the Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac. However listed below are another good choices:
Learn how to Make Greek Air Fryer Hen Wings:
(That is ONLY a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or in case you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’ll take you on to the entire recipe.)
- I used Kirkland Social gathering Wings, and we used two packs from the six-pack for this recipe.
- Trim the wings if wanted.
- Zest a lemon after which squeeze the juice.
- Whisk collectively lemon zest (if utilizing), lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Let wings marinate not less than 4 hours within the fridge; marinating in a single day or eight hours is even higher.
- If you’re able to cook dinner, drain wings and discard the marinade.
- Let wings come to room temperature after which preheat Air Fryer to 400F/205C. (Preheat with out the rack within the Air Fryer if you’re going to use Air Fryer Parchment Paper, which I like to recommend.)
- Line rack with Air Fryer Parchment Paper (if utilizing) and organize wings so they don’t seem to be touching one another. (In case you have a smaller Air Fryer it’s possible you’ll must cook dinner in two batches.)
- Prepare dinner wings 8 minutes, or till the primary aspect is getting brown.
- Take away Air Fryer basket and switch wings over with tongs or a fork.
- Put basket again within the Air Fryer and cook dinner till second aspect is golden brown and wings are 165F/75C within the thickest half. (For us that was about 6 minutes on the second aspect, however different Air Fryer fashions may take roughly time.)
- Whereas the wings cook dinner, make the Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac (or different dip or sauce of your alternative.)
- Serve scorching, with loads of napkins!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
This recipe could be 4 appetizer servings, however most likely about 3 servings in case you wished to serve it as a meal. This may style superb with Greek Cauliflower Rice Bake, Garlic-Roasted Inexperienced Beans, Pan-Fried Broccoli, Roasted Cabbage with Lemon, or Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan.
Need Extra Hen with Greek Flavors?
- 1 T freshly-grated lemon zest (elective, however really useful)
- 1 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice (or extra in case you actually like lemon)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (or extra)
- 1 tsp. salt (roughly to style)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1.5 kilos trimmed uncooked rooster wings (see notes)
- Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac for serving (elective)
- Trim the wings if wanted. (We did not must do a lot trimming for the Kirkland Social gathering Wings we used, however some grocery retailer wings might want to have extra pores and skin and fats trimmed.)
- Zest the pores and skin from a lemon after which squeeze the juice. (Or you need to use fresh-frozen lemon juice and skip the zest in case you do not need to purchase a lemon.)
- Whisk collectively lemon zest (if utilizing), lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper to make the marinade
- Put the wings and marinade in a big Ziploc bag or plastic container with a snap-tight lid, and allow them to marinate within the fridge for no less than 4 hours, or marinating them in a single day or for eight hours or longer will give extra taste
- If you’re able to cook dinner, drain the wings right into a colander place within the sink and discard the marinade. (If you don’t need the oily marinade to go down your sink, catch it in a bowl and discard.)
- Let wings come to room temperature whilst you preheat Air Fryer to 400F/205C. (Preheat with out the rack within the Air Fryer if you’re going to use Air Fryer Parchment Paper, which I like to recommend.)
- Line Air Fryer rack with Air Fryer Parchment Paper if utilizing. Attempt to organize wings within the Air Fryer basket so they don’t seem to be touching one another. (I used to be in a position to match 18 wing items in my Cuisinart Air Fryer, however when you have a smaller Air Fryer it’s possible you’ll must cook dinner in two batches.)
- Prepare dinner wings 8 minutes, or till they’re golden-brown on the primary aspect. (Some Air Fryers cook dinner a bit hotter, so I might begin checking after 6 minutes.)
- Take away Air Fryer basket and switch wings over (with tongs or a fork so you do not burn your fingers.)
- Put basket again into the Air Fryer and cook dinner till the second aspect is golden brown and wings have reached 165F/75C within the thickest half. (For us that was 6 minutes on the second aspect, however different Air Fryer fashions may take a bit roughly time.)
- Whereas the wings cook dinner, make the Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac (or different dip or sauce of your alternative.
- Serve scorching, with loads of napkins!
I used Kirkland Hen Social gathering Wings from Costco, which included each flats and drumettes. One and one-half kilos of wings shall be 16-18 particular person wing half items.
I used my Cuisinart Convection Air Fryer Toaster Oven (affiliate hyperlink) for this recipe.
Dietary data is for the wings and marinade and does not embrace the elective dip.
This recipe tailored from Greek Wings with Lemon and Feta on Bon Appetit.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 518Complete Fats: 21gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 16gLdl cholesterol: 60mgSodium: 624mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: .2gSugar: .2gProtein: 10g
Vitamin data is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food regimen / Low-Glycemic Food regimen / South Seashore Food regimen Options:
This can be a good recipe for low-carb or Keto diets. Wings are usually not really useful for the unique South Seashore Food regimen, because of the quantity of fats.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use the Food regimen Kind Index to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may additionally prefer to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.