Baked Eggs with Avocado and Feta are a scrumptious fast breakfast possibility for avocado followers, and Feta Cheese is tremendous low in carbs! And personally I believe baked eggs and avocado sound good for a low-carb breakfast!
PIN Baked Eggs with Avocado and Feta to strive it later!
Just a few years in the past I grew to become infatuated with the concept of baking eggs in particular person serving dishes, and I actually loved Baked Eggs with Mushrooms and Parmesan and Baked Eggs with Asparagus and Parmesan, so if the concept of baked egg and avocado doesn’t enchantment to you, you would possibly like a kind of earlier ones.
However we completely beloved these Baked Eggs with Avocado and Feta once we examined the recipe! It is a fast breakfast that may be on the desk in about half-hour, however you do must take time to warmth the dishes whereas the eggs and avocado come to room temperature if you’d like these completely cooked however nonetheless smooth eggs such as you see in these pictures.
And should you don’t have little gratin dishes like this that may go within the oven, simply use a casserole dish and prepare dinner all of it collectively, which could want one or two minutes longer to prepare dinner.
We simply ate the eggs and avocado such as you see it, which might be good for a low-carb meal. And should you don’t care if this breakfast has a number of carbs, some complete wheat toast dipped into the eggs would positively be good. Or hold the carbs low and dip your eggs with some toasted Savory Almond Flour Bread!
What components do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely a listing of components; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or should you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it should take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink) or non-stick spray for gratin dishes
- crumbled Feta Cheese
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to style
What different cheese may you employ should you don’t need Feta?
In case you’re not a fan of Feta, a crumbly Mexican cheese like Cotija or Queso Fresca can be superb with the eggs and avocado. Or simply use one thing you will have available like Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese should you don’t need to purchase a particular cheese for this recipe.
Need extra recipes with Avocado and Feta?
I’m such a fan of the flavour mixture of creamy avocado and tangy Feta cheese that I’m at all times stunned I don’t see it extra usually. In case you like these flavors collectively like I do, you would possibly like Cucumber Salad with Avocado and Feta, Feta Cheese and Avocado Frittata, or Lemony Shrimp Salad with Avocado, Coronary heart of Palm, and Feta!
Need extra breakfasts with avocado?
Take a look at my round-up of Keto Breakfasts with Avocado; should you’re an avocado fan you would possibly like a few of these concepts as nicely!
The best way to make Baked Eggs with Avocado and Feta:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or should you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it should take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Break every egg into a person ramekin and let eggs and avocados come to room temperature for Quarter-hour whilst you warmth the gratin dishes (or a big casserole dish) in a preheated 400F/200C oven.
- After Quarter-hour, peel the avocado and lower every half into six slices.
- Spray gratin dishes with non-stick spray and organize avocados in every dish.
- VERY CAREFULLY tip eggs into every dish on high of the avocado, then sprinkle with crumbled Feta cheese.
- Bake 12-Quarter-hour or much less, till whites are set and yolks are achieved to your liking.
- Serve sizzling. That is good with Inexperienced Tabasco Sauce (affiliate hyperlink) so as to add on the desk.
Extra Superb Concepts with Baked Eggs:
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado
- olive oil or non-stick spray for gratin dishes
- 2 T crumbled Feta Cheese (see notes)
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to style
- Break eggs into particular person ramekins and let the eggs and avocado come to room temperature for Quarter-hour.
- Set the oven to 400F/200C, then put the gratin dishes on a baking sheet and warmth them within the oven for 10 minutes.
- After Quarter-hour, peel the avocado and lower every half into 6 slices.
- Take away gratin dishes from the oven and spray with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Prepare the sliced avocados in every dish and VERY CAREFULLY tip two eggs into every dish.
- Sprinkle with crumbled Feta and season to style with salt and fresh-ground black pepper. (Keep in mind that Feta is salty; we didn’t use a lot salt.)
- Bake 12-Quarter-hour or much less, till the whites are set and the egg yolks are achieved to your liking.
- Serve sizzling That is nice with Inexperienced Tabasco Sauce (affiliate hyperlink) so as to add on the desk.
- It may be served with complete wheat toast for a low-glycemic breakfast should you don’t thoughts having a number of extra carbs.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 391Whole Fats: 33gSaturated Fats: 8gUnsaturated Fats: 23gLdl cholesterol: 380mgSodium: 526mgCarbohydrates: 9.5gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g
Diet info is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food plan / Low-Glycemic Food plan / South Seashore Food plan Options:
In case you eat the Baked Eggs with Avocado and Feta with out toast like we did (or with toast made with Savory Almond Flour Bread), it’s an ideal low-carb, Keto, or authentic South Seashore Food plan Part One breakfast that’s actually a deal with. With complete wheat toast that is nonetheless a low-glycemic breakfast, appropriate for Part Two of the South Seashore Food plan.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Breakfast Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food plan Sort Index to search out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may additionally prefer to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2017. It was final up to date in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.