Pan-Fried Asparagus with Gorgonzola and Pine Nuts is wonderful and this scrumptious asparagus recipe is fast and simple to make! And everybody who likes asparagus and Gorgonzola Cheese goes to like this for a low-carb aspect dish.
PIN the Pan-Fried Asparagus to attempt it later!
After I first made this Pan-Fried Asparagus with Gorgonzola and Pine Nuts, I mentioned on the Kalyn’s Kitchen Fb web page that it was top-of-the-line tasting issues I had ever eaten in my life. Now years later that is nonetheless one in all my favourite methods to cook dinner asparagus, though I’ve tried much more asparagus recipes since I first made this one. And it’s prime asparagus season proper now, so I’m reminding you about this favourite asparagus recipe for my Friday Favorites decide this week!
Should you like these substances in any respect you possibly can’t go flawed with wonderful pan-fried asparagus coated with creamy melted Gorgonzola and pine nuts! I hope everybody who likes these substances will give this a attempt.
What substances do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely an inventory of substances; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or in the event you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’ll take you on to the entire recipe.)
- recent asparagus
- Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink)
- massive cloves of garlic
- crumbled Gorgonzola
- Pine Nuts (affiliate hyperlink)
- salt and recent floor black pepper to style
What pan do you have to use for the pan-fried asparagus?
Any massive frying pan will work for pan-frying the asparagus, however you’ll get finest leads to a pan that’s massive sufficient to cook dinner the asparagus in a single layer.
What in the event you’re not a fan of Gorgonzola Cheese?
I understand not everybody enjoys the pungent taste of Gorgonzola cheese. Should you’re not a fan of it, I believe one other creamy cheese like Feta, Goat Cheese, or grated Swiss would even be scrumptious for this recipe.
What different greens could possibly be used as a substitute of asparagus?
My apologies to the asparagus haters for the abundance of asparagus recipes each spring! Should you’re a kind of individuals who simply can’t get a lot asparagus love going, I believe this recipe can be divine with these skinny inexperienced beans that you simply get at Costco. Beans would possibly take barely longer to cook dinner, however most likely not a lot for the skinny ones.
Need extra low-carb asparagus recipes?
Should you’re an asparagus lover like I’m, you would possibly need to try my Low-Carb and Keto Asparagus Recipes to see extra of my favorites; take pleasure in!
How one can make Pan-Fried Asparagus with Gorgonzola and Pine Nuts:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or in the event you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’ll take you on to the entire recipe.)
- I don’t normally purchase pre-crumbled Gorgonzola as a result of it doesn’t final lengthy within the fridge, so when you have a block of Gorgonzola make sure it’s chilly earlier than you attempt to crumble it.
- Toast pine nuts for 1-2 minutes in a small dry pan.
- Minimize robust ends off the asparagus after which lower on the diagonal into items about 2 inches lengthy.
- Warmth oil in a big pan, add garlic cloves, and cook dinner simply till you odor garlic.
- Discard garlic, add asparagus and pan-fry 5-7 minutes, or till asparagus is getting barely tender and barely beginning to brown.
- You possibly can add the gorgonzola whereas the asparagus continues to be within the pan if you’d like it to soften as a lot as doable, nevertheless it seems a bit prettier in the event you plate it instantly and add the gorgonzola on high of the new asparagus on the plate.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts, season with a tiny little bit of salt and fresh-ground black pepper as desired, and devour!
Extra Fabulous Concepts with Asparagus:
- 1 pound recent asparagus
- 1 T olive oil (or barely extra, relying in your pan)
- 4 massive cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola (see notes)
- 2 T toasted pine nuts
- salt and recent floor black pepper to style (see notes)
- Crumble the gorgonzola so you could have the specified quantity, or measure it when you have pre-crumbled Gorgonzola.
- Put a small frying pan on burner and switch warmth to excessive.
- Add pine nuts to dry pan and toast for 1-2 minutes, or till barely turning brown, shaking pan ceaselessly.
- Take away from the pan so that they don’t hold cooking. (You possibly can toast the pine nuts whilst you cook dinner the asparagus in the event you really feel assured with two issues cooking without delay.)
- Snap one piece of asparagus to see the place to chop off the robust ends, then trim all asparagus to that size and lower on the diagonal into items about 2 inches lengthy.
- Put olive oil into massive frying pan, flip warmth to medium, add garlic and saute about 1 minute, or till you begin to odor garlic. (Don’t let it brown or it’ll make your oil style bitter reasonably than delightfully garlicky.)
- Take pan off of warmth and take away garlic and discard.
- Put pan again on warmth, add asparagus, and pan-fry the asparagus about 5-7 minutes, turning just a few occasions, till asparagus is barely beginning to soften and brown barely.
- Timing will rely utterly on how scorching your range burner is; simply get a fork and check out one piece while you suppose it appears about finished.
- When asparagus is completed, instantly plate the asparagus and crumble Gorgonzola over. (I used to crumble the Gorgonzola over the asparagus whereas it was nonetheless within the pan, nevertheless it will get a bit messy and now I wait till it’s on the plate.)
- Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Season with salt and recent floor black pepper as desired.
- Serve scorching.
Use roughly Gorgonzola to style, relying on how a lot you prefer it! I used a bit pepper, however not a lot salt
This recipe created by Kalyn with inspiration from many different asparagus recipes.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 149Complete Fats: 11gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 7gLdl cholesterol: 13mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
Vitamin info is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food plan / Low-Glycemic Food plan / South Seaside Food plan Strategies:
Pan-Fried Asparagus with Gorgonzola and Pine Nuts is an effective aspect dish for any low-glycemic or low-carb weight loss program, together with any part of the South Seaside Food plan. Each Gorgonzola and pine nuts are excessive in fats, so hold that in thoughts in the event you’re strictly following South Seaside.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Asparagus Recipes or Aspect Dishes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food plan Sort Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also prefer to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Recollections and Historic Notes for This Recipe:
This recipe was first posted as a part of Asparagus Aspirations at a no-longer-online weblog known as Significantly Good, sponsored by blogger Kevin Weeks. Kevin handed away in 2012, and I’m dedicating this recipe to his reminiscence. His perception and cooking experience have been one thing he shared freely with many individuals, and he’s vastly missed. And he was a blogger I used to “speak to” on-line very often within the early days and I all the time hoped we would meet in individual. The recipe was final up to date with extra info in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.