This Shrimp Cocktail with Sriracha Cocktail Sauce shall be a success for game-day meals or any time you want an appetizer that’s low in carbs!
PIN Shrimp Cocktail with Sriracha Cocktail Sauce to attempt it later!
This Shrimp Cocktail with Sriracha Cocktail Sauce is one thing I promise shall be a success everytime you desire a particular appetizer that’s actually a deal with however nonetheless low in carbs!
This straightforward six-ingredient recipe makes use of thawed frozen cooked shrimp, which saves the work of cooking them, and the Sriracha Cocktail Sauce solely takes about 5 minutes to make. And everybody who likes shrimp and Sriracha goes to like this for an appetizer or for game-day eats.
In truth, the toughest a part of this recipe may be remembering to thaw the shrimp in a single day within the fridge, however I do suggest doing that after which ensuring they’re icy chilly once you serve them.
And naturally there’s an enormous recreation arising, so I’m reminding you about this favourite shrimp recipe for Friday Favorites this week. And if you happen to’re actually a shrimp fan, verify my options on this put up for extra tasty low-carb shrimp recipes!
What elements do you want?
How are you going to make low-carb cocktail sauce?
I initially made this recipe with reduced-sugar ketchup, and that’s what you’ll see in these images. However now that sugar-free ketchup (affiliate hyperlink) is broadly obtainable, it’s good to make use of to make low-carb cocktail sauce. I’m an enormous fan of G. Hughes Sugar-Free Ketchup (affiliate hyperlink), however there are lots of good manufacturers.
What measurement frozen shrimp did I take advantage of?
Within the U.S. frozen shrimp are bought by measurement, with the quantity on the package deal giving a variety for what number of shrimp make up a pound. I used 31-40 measurement shrimp for this recipe, however if you happen to don’t thoughts splurging for a deal with, bigger shrimp (with a decrease quantity per pound) would even be nice for this recipe!
Need extra low-carb appetizer concepts with Shrimp?
Take a look at Sheila’s Low-Carb Shrimp Dip, Shrimp with Low Sugar Cocktail Sauce, Shrimp Cocktail Lettuce Cups, Air Fryer Shrimp, Shrimp Salad Wraps, or Straightforward Low-Carb Shrimp Ceviche for extra wonderful choices for game-day or holiday-worthy shrimp recipes!
The way to make Shrimp Cocktail with Sriracha Cocktail Sauce:
(Scroll down for full recipe with dietary data.)
- Thaw shrimp within the fridge in a single day if attainable.
- Simply earlier than you’re going to serve them, put the thawed shrimp right into a colander and allow them to drain when you combine the sauce.
- I take advantage of G. Hughes Sugar-Free Ketchup (affiliate hyperlink) for the sauce, since common ketchup has loads of sugar.
- Finely chop about 1/4 cup of inexperienced onions, utilizing largely the inexperienced elements.
- Whisk collectively the mayo and ketchup. Then stir within the lime juice, Sriracha Sauce (affiliate hyperlink), and inexperienced onions and the sauce is prepared!
- If the shrimp nonetheless appear moist, I’d put them between two layers of paper towels and press to soak up the additional moisture.
- Serve immediately. You may serve a platter of shrimp with a bowl of sauce for folks to dip them, or make particular person parts like I did. Take pleasure in!
Extra Tasty Recipes for Shrimp Lovers:
Take a look at Low-Carb and Keto Shrimp Dinners for tons extra tasty concepts for utilizing shrimp!
- 1 lb. frozen cooked shrimp, thawed in a single day within the fridge (I used 31-40 depend shrimp from Costco.)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 T G. Hughes Sugar-Free Ketchup
- 1 T contemporary squeezed lime juice (I used my fresh-frozen lime juice)
- 1 T Sriracha Sauce (kind of to style)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped inexperienced onion
- Thaw the shrimp within the fridge in a single day.
- Simply earlier than you wish to serve them, put shrimp right into a colander and allow them to drain nicely.
- Finely chop the inexperienced onion.
- In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, whisk collectively the mayo and ketchup.
- Stir within the lime juice, Sriracha Sauce (affiliate hyperlink) to style, and finely chopped inexperienced onions to make the sauce.
- When you’re not that acquainted with Sriracha, I’d begin with a few teaspoons and style it earlier than you add the complete tablespoon. It will get a bit of hotter if it sits within the fridge, so preserve that in thoughts.
- If the shrimp aren’t as dry as you’d like them, put them between a double layer of paper towels and press down with the towel to soak up the additional moisture.
- Serve the shrimp whereas they’re nonetheless chilly.
- You may serve a platter of shrimp with the sauce on the aspect, or make particular person shrimp cocktails.
- Bear in mind to supply some type of dish to place the piece of shell from the tail.
If you do not have G. Hughes Sugar-Free Ketchup (affiliate hyperlink) use any sugar-free or low-sugar ketchup you could find.
You in all probability received’t have any leftovers, however leftover shrimp or sauce may sure be refrigerated for a day or two.
Recipe created by Kalyn, the concept of pairing Sriracha with Shrimp got here from White on Rice Couple.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 332Complete Fats: 23gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 18gLdl cholesterol: 251mgSodium: 1423mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 26g
Vitamin data is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food plan / Low-Glycemic Food plan / South Seaside Food plan Recommendations:
When you’re making this Shrimp Cocktail with Sriracha Cocktail Sauce for a low-carb consuming plan or for the unique South Seaside Food plan, it’s necessary to make use of sugar-free ketchup since common ketchup has loads of added sugar. Mayo is a restricted meals for South Seaside, however you’re not consuming loads of it right here, or you might use gentle mayo if you happen to choose. With sugar-free ketchup, and assuming a reasonable quantity of sauce, I’d eat this for any section of South Seaside and it must be good for all low-carb consuming plans.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Take a look at Appetizers to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food plan Sort Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may also wish to Comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2013. It was final up to date with extra data in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.