Fish Taco Cabbage Bowls are a scrumptious and easy-to-make thought that may be an important low-carb or Keto dinner any time of yr! And for those who desire, seize some lettuce and make the bowl components into Lettuce Wrap Fish Tacos!
PIN the Fish Taco Cabbage Bowls to make it for dinner later!
Don’t you suppose occasions when the seasons are altering are the toughest time to plan what to cook dinner? That’s only one cause I really like these tasty Fish Taco Cabbage Bowls, it doesn’t matter what the climate is doing that day, this will probably be an important low-carb dinner. And also you would possibly nonetheless have a few of that cabbage to procure on sale this month, so I’m recommending this as my Friday Favorites decide for this week!
And belief me after I say that these low-carb fish taco bowls are actually a WOW. My sister Sandee loves this recipe and makes it time and again. And that is considered one of my private favorites as nicely. The Fish Taco Cabbage Bowls had been so scrumptious that when my nephew Jake and I examined the recipe, we stored exclaiming over how good they had been.
The cabbage bowls topped with fish taco fixings are positively an offspring of Sriracha Beef Cabbage Bowls (one other recipe I really like). I hope you’ll give this fish-taco-in-a-bowl recipe a strive; I wager you’ll like it identical to we did for a fast and wholesome dinner!
What components do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely an inventory of components; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’ll take you on to the entire recipe.)
- fillets of any gentle white fish
- Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink)
- Szeged Fish Rub (affiliate hyperlink) or fish rub of your alternative
- floor Cumin (affiliate hyperlink)
- Chili Powder (affiliate hyperlink) or floor chile powder
- inexperienced cabbage
- purple cabbage(see notes)
- inexperienced onion
- guacamole or diced avocado, for serving (utterly elective, however good)
- fresh-squeezed lime juice, I used my fresh-frozen lime juice
- Inexperienced Tabasco Sauce (affiliate hyperlink)
- Vege-Sal (affiliate hyperlink) to style, or use barely much less common salt
What sort of fish is sweet for Fish Taco Cabbage Bowls?
Any kind of gentle white fish similar to cod, bass, grouper, haddock, catfish, snapper, halibut, or Mahi Mahi will work for this recipe. I haven’t tried making it with salmon, however I wager that may be scrumptious too.
Are you able to eat the fish taco components in a lettuce wrap or tortilla?
In case you’re a fan of fish tacos or lettuce wrap fish tacos, simply make the Fish Taco Cabbage Bowl components after which eat inside a tortilla or inside lettuce wraps. That may also be a scrumptious choice, and for those who use Mission Carb Steadiness Low-Carb Tortillas (affiliate hyperlink) or your favourite low-carb tortillas, it’ll nonetheless be a reasonably low-carb meal.
Need extra cabbage bowl meals or cabbage recipes?
In case you’re a cabbage fan like I’m try Low-Carb and Keto Recipes with Cabbage or for extra extra cabbage bowl concepts try Low-Carb Bowl Meals You’ll Make Over and Over. (This recipe was additionally featured in Ten Low-Carb Mexican Meals Favorites You’ll Make Over and Over.)
How you can make Fish Taco Cabbage Bowls:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’ll take you on to the entire recipe.)
- I used three items of fish, which was sufficient fish for 4 fish taco cabbage bowls; use any kind of gentle white fish.
- Combine spices collectively, then rub the fish with olive oil and the spice combination and let it come to room temperature.
- You could possibly purchase pre-sliced coleslaw combine, however we sliced the cabbage utilizing a Mandoline Slicer (affiliate hyperlink) and the 3cm blade. You’ll additionally want some thinly sliced inexperienced onions.
- Whisk collectively mayo, lime juice, Inexperienced Tabasco Sauce, and somewhat Vege-Sal or salt. In case you’re not an enormous mayo fan, a mixture of mayo and Greek Yogurt would even be good right here.
- I used my Calphalon Stovetop Grill Pan (affiliate hyperlink) to cook dinner the fish, however a daily frying pan may also work.
- Brush on somewhat olive oil and warmth the pan earlier than you place the fish on. After about 4 minutes on medium-high, I turned my fish to the second aspect and let it cook dinner about 4 minutes extra.
- Take away the fish and let it cool only a minute or so; then use two forks to shred the fish aside.
- Combine about half of the thinly sliced inexperienced onions with the cabbage combination, and toss with sufficient dressing to barely moisten the cabbage.
- Fill a bowl with the cabbage combination and prime with desired quantity of the shredded fish.
- Then drizzle somewhat extra of the spicy mayo combination excessive. Sprinkle with a couple of inexperienced onions and devour! (Inexperienced onions apparently didn’t make it into the photograph at this level!)
- We like this served with guacamole or diced avocado, which provides one other punch of taste!
Extra Tasty Low-Carb Dinners with Fish:
- 4 small fillets of any gentle white fish
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. Szeged fish rub (see notes)
- 1 tsp. floor cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder (or floor chile powder)
- 1 medium head inexperienced cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium head purple cabbage, thinly sliced (see notes)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced inexperienced onion (or extra)
- guacamole or diced avocado, for serving (utterly elective, however good, see notes)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 T fresh-squeezed lime juice; see notes
- 2 tsp. Inexperienced Tabasco Sauce (roughly to style).
- salt or Vege-Sal to style
- Thaw fish in a single day within the fridge if frozen.
- Combine the fish rub, floor cumin, and chile powder in a small dish.
- While you’re able to cook dinner, pat fish dry with paper towels, then rub each side with 2 tsp. of the olive oil adopted by the fish rub combination.
- Let the fish come to room temperature whilst you prep the opposite components.
- Minimize away the core of the cabbage and discard, then use a knife or a Mandoline Slicer (affiliate hyperlink) to chop the cabbage into skinny slices; we used the three cm blade for the mandoline. (You can too use pre-sliced coleslaw combine for those who don’t need to hassle chopping the cabbage.)
- Thinly slice the inexperienced onion.
- Whisk collectively the mayo, lime juice, Inexperienced Tabasco Sauce, and Vege-Sal (or salt) to make the dressing (affiliate hyperlinks).
- Brush a stove-top grill pan or heavy frying pan with the opposite 2 tsp. olive oil and warmth the pan a couple of minute at medium-high warmth. Then add the fish and cook dinner about 4 minutes on the primary aspect.
- Flip gently and cook dinner about 4 minutes extra on the opposite aspect. (Precise cooking time will rely on how thick your items of fish are. Fish ought to really feel barely agency to the contact when it’s accomplished.)
- Whereas the fish cooks, combine about half the inexperienced onions into the cabbage combination and stir in sufficient dressing to barely moisten the cabbage.
- When the fish is finished, let it cool barely on a chopping board, then use two forks to shred the fish aside.
- Fill bowl with 1/4 of the cabbage combination and prime with desired quantity of fish. Drizzle somewhat extra dressing excessive.
- Serve immediately, with inexperienced onions for garnish and guacamole if desired.
- In case you desire conventional fish tacos or lettuce wrap fish tacos, simply use the components right here inside a low-carb tortilla or lettuce wrap!
In case your fish fillets are very massive, you may solely want 3 items of fish to make 4 servings.
You could possibly additionally make this with pre-sliced coleslaw combine for those who don’t need to slice the cabbage.
I really like Szeged Fish Rub (affiliate hyperlink) however there are various good manufacturers.
We love Good Meals Tableside Chunky Guacamole, which was simple and good for this recipe.
I used my fresh-frozen lime juice, which is one thing I at all times have within the freezer.
We used Inexperienced Tabasco Sauce (affiliate hyperlink) however one other kind of sizzling sauce can work.
This recipe created by Kalyn with inspiration from Sriracha Beef Cabbage Bowls.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 354Complete Fats: 31gSaturated Fats: 5gUnsaturated Fats: 25gLdl cholesterol: 43mgSodium: 521mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
Diet data is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss plan / Low-Glycemic Weight loss plan / South Seaside Weight loss plan Solutions:
This Fish Taco Cabbage Bowl recipe is nice Low-Carb or Keto diets, or for any part of the unique South Seaside Weight loss plan. The recipe can be gluten-free.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Bowl Meals to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight loss plan Kind Index to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may additionally wish to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was posted in 2014 and I’ve made it time and again since then! It was final up to date in 2023 with extra data and the suggestion to make the cabbage bowl components into fish tacos or lettuce wrap fish tacos!
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.