This Tuna White Bean Salad is a scrumptious manner to make use of canned tuna, and it is a tasty lunch any time of 12 months! And we’re updating this favourite salad recipe to make use of extra tuna and add sliced celery so now it solely has 12 web carbs per serving!
PIN Tuna White Bean Salad to attempt it later!
This Tuna White Bean Salad is a favourite recipe of mine for a fast lunch salad, and for those who’ve by no means considered combining these substances, you is perhaps shocked what a scrumptious lunch salad that is. Within the early days of my weblog I found Genova Tuna Packed in Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink), which modified my mind-set about canned tuna perpetually. That tuna plus my love of parsley and lemon impressed this scrumptious tuna salad.
I first began loving this salad once I was consuming extra beans than I’m now. So not too long ago Kara and I not too long ago determined to replace this recipe to be a extra carb-conscious salad and take higher pictures.
And we completely cherished the new-and-improved model of this recipe! I first made this once I had loads of recent parsley from the backyard, however parsley is an herb that’s obtainable and cheap all 12 months from the grocery retailer, and I really like that this salad makes use of substances I nearly all the time have available. And it’s one thing I really like to drag out of the fridge for a fast lunch; hope you’ll attempt it!
What substances do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely an inventory of substances; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the whole recipe.)
- canned white beans
- canned tuna, ideally Genova Tuna Packed in Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink)
- inexperienced onion (or chopped crimson onion)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh-squeezed lemon juice, I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice
- black pepper and sea salt to style
- recent lemon wedges to squeeze on on the desk (non-compulsory)
How did we make Tuna White Bean Salad decrease in carbs?
To make this recipe decrease in carbs, we doubled the quantity of tuna, added sliced celery, and elevated the quantity of dressing to verify there was sufficient for the added substances. And people adjustments gave us a salad with solely 12 web carbs per serving!
What herbs work for Tuna White Bean Salad?
I’ve by no means tried the salad with different recent herbs apart from parsley, however I feel each recent basil and recent cilantro can be scrumptious on this salad.
What different salads are you able to make with tuna and beans?
If you happen to’re a fan of dried bean salads with tuna, attempt Cannellini Bean Salad with Tuna and Peperoncini or Pinto Bean Salad with Tuna and Peperoncini.
Need extra salads with dried beans?
Take a look at Superb Salads with Dried Beans for those who’re a fan of any such salad, and that round-up contains largely vegetarian bean salads!
Extra Favourite Recipes with Tuna:
Take a look at Low-Carb and Keto Canned Tuna Recipes to see extra favourite dinners and lunches I’ve made with tuna packed in olive oil.
make Tuna White Bean Salad:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the whole recipe.)
- Rinse beans and allow them to drain nicely. (Pat dry with paper towels if wanted.)
- Whisk collectively olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and recent floor black pepper to make the dressing.
- Put the beans in a bowl and add the dressing. Let beans marinate when you drain the tuna, slice celery, chop parsley and slice inexperienced onion.
- I all the time use my favourite Genova Tuna Packed in Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink) for this salad.
- Open two cans of tuna and drain oil (both in a colander positioned over a bowl of utilizing the lid of the can.) Break tuna aside barely contained in the can utilizing a fork.
- Slice sufficient celery to make one cup. Slice inexperienced onion (or chop crimson onion.) Forgot to snap a photograph of the inexperienced onion!
- I exploit a packed cup of chopped parsley, however for those who’re not that a lot of a parsley fan you need to use much less.
- Gently stir the sliced celery, chopped parsley, sliced inexperienced onion (or chopped crimson onion), and drained tuna into the marinating beans.
- Season to style with extra salt and recent floor black pepper if desired and serve instantly.
- That is good with items of lemon to squeeze on on the desk.
Extra Favourite Salads with Parsley:
- one 15.5 oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained nicely
- two 5 oz. cans tuna in olive oil (see notes)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped parsley (kind of to style)
- 1/4 cup sliced inexperienced onion (see notes)
- 1/4 cup good high quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice (see notes)
- black pepper and sea salt to style
- Put beans in colander and rinse nicely with chilly water, till no extra foam seems. Let drain, then pat dry with paper towels.
- In small bowl, whisk collectively olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Put the beans right into a bowl sufficiently big to carry all of the salad substances and blend in dressing.
- Let the beans marinate when you drain the tuna, slice the celery, chop the parsley, and cube or slice the onions.
- Put the tuna into the identical colander you used to empty the beans and let the oil drain off. (I wipe out the colander with a paper towel so the tuna doesn’t get moist. Drain tuna over a bowl if you don’t need that oil happening the drain.)
- Slice one cup celery into skinny slices.
- Chop the parsley and thinly slice inexperienced onion (or crimson onion, whichever you’re utilizing.)
- Add sliced celery chopped parsley, crimson or inexperienced onion, and drained tuna to the marinating beans and gently mix. (Don’t overstir, you need the tuna to remain chunky.)
- I often style and see if I desire a bit extra lemon juice.
- Season to style with recent floor black pepper and sea salt and serve. That is nice with additional lemon to squeeze on on the desk.
- This can keep good within the fridge for a number of days, but it surely most likely gained’t final that lengthy.
I really like Genova Tuna Packed in Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink) however any model of olive oil packed tuna will work. You should use finely chopped crimson onion for those who choose.
This recipe created by Kalyn, impressed by many different related salads seen in cookbooks and on the net.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 258Complete Fats: 12gSaturated Fats: 1.8gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 9.7gLdl cholesterol: 22mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 6gSugar: .6gProtein: 20g
Vitamin data is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss plan / Low-Glycemic Weight loss plan / South Seashore Weight loss plan Solutions:
This authentic model of this salad with beans was too excessive in carbs for a low-carb weight-reduction plan, however the up to date salad recipe has solely 12 web carbs per serving which could work for some individuals. Tuna White Bean Salad can be nice for any section of the unique South Seashore Weight loss plan, however restrict portion dimension for section one.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Salad Recipes to seek out extra tasty salads like this one. Use the Weight loss plan Sort Index to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may additionally wish to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This salad with tuna and white beans was first posted in 2007, and I’ve made it repeatedly since then1 The recipe was up to date with new pictures in 2011 and it was up to date with a lower-carb recipe and extra data in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.