Flavourful, tender on the within and crispy on the surface, these Thai rooster drumsticks are baked within the oven for a wholesome, protein-rich dinner major.
Thai Hen Drumsticks
This rooster drumstick recipe is initially from my paleo reset however because it’s not a paid program, I’m slowly bringing all these recipes on to my weblog for everybody to get pleasure from!
What I really like about this recipe is that it’s budget-friendly (assuming you’ve got just a few Asian sauces within the pantry already) and it’s ridiculously simple to make. The Thai marinade for the rooster is tangy, candy and salty, actually showcasing that excellent Southeast Asian flavour steadiness.
The one factor to recollect is that these rooster drumsticks are greatest left to marinate for at the very least 12 hours. If in a rush, you may go away them within the marinade for an hour however the meat shall be extra flavourful and extra tender, the longer you let it infuse.
This rooster drumstick recipe is gluten-free, low-carb, and Paleo-friendly.
Thai Marinade For Hen
The marinade used on this recipe is the star of the dish. I imply, I baked rooster drumsticks but it surely could possibly be wings, tenderloins, breasts or some other a part of the chicken.
The marinade options ginger, garlic, lime juice and zest, Tamari (or soy sauce), fish sauce, honey and sesame oil, plus a little bit chili. I LOVE all of those elements so I nearly all the time have them readily available and assume they’re price buying as can will proceed to make use of them.
For instance, the fish sauce can be utilized in my crying tiger beef and rice noodle salad, and ginger and garlic in my Asian rooster salad. Sesame oil and Tamari can then be used to make my Teriyaki baked salmon.
How To Make Baked Hen Drumsticks
Step 1. Combine the marinade in a bowl, then toss the rooster drumsticks in it.
Step 2. Marinate the rooster in a single day or for about 12 hours (24 is even higher).
Step 3. Take away rooster from the fridge and let it come to room temperature earlier than cooking, so about Quarter-hour prior.
Step 4. Preheat the oven to 190 C/ 375 F, ensure it’s scorching! Grease a flat baking tray with some oil and place the drumsticks on prime. Bake for Half-hour. Use the leftover marinade to baste the rooster midway via.
What To Serve With Thai Hen Drumsticks
As these rooster drumsticks are made with a Thai marinade, probably the most appropriate aspect dishes could be Asian ones, or at the very least Asian-inspired.
Rice and noodles are the plain selections, or you may strive my coconut cauliflower rice or egg-fried cauli rice for a low-carb model. Stir-fried greens and even one thing so simple as steamed or boiled broccoli with garlic would go effectively. I usually make my go-to aspect salad however with extra of an Asian dressing or you may strive my Asian shredded Napa cabbage salad.
Should you don’t need rice or noodles, you can also make roast some candy potatoes. Attempt my baked candy potatoes with miso butter or kimchi candy potato fries.
Discover the total checklist of elements, directions, and a dietary breakdown under. When you have questions or cook dinner this recipe, please let me know within the feedback, and ensure to charge this recipe so it’s simple for others to search out.
Flavourful, tender on the within and crispy on the surface, these Thai rooster drumsticks are baked within the oven for a wholesome, protein-rich dinner major. This rooster drumstick recipe is gluten-free, low-carb, and Paleo-friendly.
- Mix the marinade elements in a big bowl.
- Add the drumsticks and coat effectively utilizing your palms. Switch the rooster and the marinade to a ziplock bag or a container and retailer in a single day within the fridge. Give them a shake a couple of times to unfold the marinade round.
- Take out of the fridge 10-Quarter-hour earlier than cooking. Preheat the oven to 190 C/ 375 F.
- Grease an oven tray with a little bit coconut oil or olive oil. Place the drumsticks evenly on a tray and pop within the oven, center shelf, for 25-Half-hour. Reserve the marinade, and midway via cooking, brush some over the drumsticks.
- Within the meantime, put together the rice/noodles, veggies or a salad of alternative.
- Hen: You need to use any a part of the rooster for this recipe: thighs, rooster wings, diced breast and so forth. Turkey legs may also be used. You may pan-fry rooster thighs or breasts as an alternative of baking them.
- Marinating time: Ideally, you’d need to marinate these for at the very least 12-24 hours earlier than roasting. If that’s not attainable, give them at the very least half an hour to soak within the flavours.
- Make-ahead: It is a nice recipe to make a bigger batch of marinated drumsticks to retailer within the freezer.
- Serving Measurement: 2 drumsticks
- Energy: 404
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 1555.9 mg
- Fats: 17.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 51.7 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 231.4 mg
Key phrases: Hen Drumsticks, Thai Marinade, Thai Hen, Baked Hen Drumsticks, Hen Drumstick Recipe
Extra Thai-Impressed Recipes