I like this scrumptious Grilled Zucchini Caprese Salad all stacked up and served with my favourite Basil French dressing. And these stacks of grilled zucchini, recent Mozzarella, tomato, and basil French dressing have all of the flavors of summer time!
PIN the Grilled Zucchini Caprese Salad recipe to make it later!
In the event you’ve seemed across the summer time archives on this weblog you know the way I like that summer time produce. There are some recipes that simply symbolize summer time for me, and Grilled Zucchini, Basil French dressing, and Caprese Salad are summer time standbys that I’ve been making for years.
So once I had the thought for this Grilled Zucchini Caprese Salad that mixed all these summer time favorites into stacks of grilled zucchini with thick slices of ripe tomato and creamy recent Mozzarella, drizzled with basil French dressing, I knew it needed to be a winner.
If you need one thing that may actually impress your mates, you could make this as quickly as you have got zucchini and recent backyard tomatoes! This is able to be excellent as a aspect dish with one thing like Very Greek Grilled Rooster for a summer time dinner. And when you’re a fan of those substances, I wager this can be a recipe you’ll make again and again!
What substances do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely an inventory of substances; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or when you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it can take you on to the entire recipe.)
- giant zucchini slices
- spherical slices of recent mozzarella
- thick slices of tomato
- bought or selfmade French dressing dressing (for making basil French dressing)
- basil puree or chopped recent basil
- Newman’s Personal Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing (affiliate hyperlink), for marinating zucchini
- Dried Basil (affiliate hyperlink)
- Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink), or any all-purpose seasoning mix
What’s Caprese Salad?
Caprese Salad is an Italian favourite named after the island of Capri. The salad historically has recent tomatoes, recent mozzarella, recent basil, and balsamic vinegar, however that taste mixture has develop into so common that now there are infinite variations of salads with Caprese within the title.
Enjoyable Caprese Salad Concepts from Kalyn:
I like this Caprese Salad variation with the tomatoes and mozzarella stacked up on grilled zucchini. In the event you like that concept, there are another variations which can be enjoyable:
- You’ll be able to change the pink tomatoes with a inexperienced tomato like my favourite Inexperienced Zebra Tomatoes, or alternate pink and inexperienced tomatoes.
- You need to use Inexperienced Zebra Tomatoes with recent mozzarella and Inexperienced Goddess Salad Dressing to make a variation I’d name Inexperienced Goddess Tomato Mozzarella Stacks.
- Or when you actually need to assume exterior the field, strive changing the grilled zucchini with slices of Kiwifruit for an attention-grabbing Kiwi Caprese Salad!
Steps for making Grilled Zucchini Caprese Salad:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or when you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it can take you on to the entire recipe.)
- I mixed chopped recent basil from my window herb backyard with Le Parisien French dressing to make the basil French dressing. I make this primary so the basil taste can develop within the dressing whereas it sits within the fridge. (Use your favourite low-sugar French dressing.)
- It’s essential to make use of zucchini which can be large enough so the zucchini can be barely bigger than the slice of mozzarella. Lower zucchini slices about 3/4 inch thick so the zucchini will keep a tiny bit crisp when it’s cooked.
- I made a easy marinade for the zucchini with Newman’s Personal Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing (affiliate hyperlink) mixed with some Dried Basil (affiliate hyperlink) and Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink). (You could possibly make this with out marinating the zucchini, however this step provides loads of taste.)
- Put the zucchini in a Ziploc bag and marinate on the counter for 4 hours or extra.
- While you’re able to prepare dinner, spray the grill with oil or non-stick grill spray and warmth to excessive. Flip grill to medium-high while you put the zucchini on.
- I took this subsequent photograph from the opposite angle so I might keep in mind to inform you to rotate each bit of zucchini after about 5 minutes so you will get criss-cross grill marks.
- Then flip the zucchini over and prepare dinner 3-5 minutes extra on the second aspect, relying on how completed you prefer it.
- Whereas the zucchini cooks put together the recent mozzarella slices. I used pre-sliced mozzarella which is so handy.
- Slice backyard ripe-tomatoes into slices about as thick because the zucchini.
- To rearrange the dish, begin by placing a slice of Mozzarella on high of every piece of grilled zucchini.
- Then high the Mozzarella with a chunk of tomato and drizzle with the basil French dressing.
- Serve with a bit additional basil French dressing on the aspect for individuals who need additional, and revel in!
- You’ll need to make this usually when you’ve got zucchini and recent tomatoes, so chances are you’ll need to make additional Basil French dressing.
Extra Caprese Salad Variations:
Need Extra Summer season Tomato Salads?
Try 20 Summer season Tomato Salads for extra superb salad concepts for summer time tomatoes!
- 8 giant zucchini slices (ideally about 3 inches throughout and three/4 inch thick)
- 8 spherical slices of recent mozzarella
- 8 thick slices of tomato (about 3/4 inch thick)
Basil French dressing Elements:
- 1/2 cup bought or selfmade French dressing dressing (see notes)
- 3 tablespoons basil puree or chopped recent basil (see notes)
Zucchini Marinade Elements:
- 1/3 cup bought or selfmade French dressing dressing (see notes)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. Spike Seasoning (or any all-purpose seasoning mix that you just like)
- Mix the chopped recent or frozen basil with the French dressing dressing to make the basil French dressing. Refrigerate this when you marinate the zucchini so the basil taste can develop within the dressing.
- Lower the zucchini into slices, ideally about 3 inches throughout and three/4 inch thick.
- Mix the French dressing, dried basil, and Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink) to make the marinade.
- Put the zucchini in a Ziploc bag in a single layer, and pour the marinade over it. Let this marinate on the counter for 4 hours (and even all day is okay, when you’re not dwelling or simply need to do it farther forward. Marinating can be elective, if you do not have time.)
- While you’re able to prepare dinner the zucchini, spray the clear grill grates with oil or non-stick grill spray. Preheat grill to excessive.
- Lay the zucchini on the grill and instantly flip grill to medium excessive. Prepare dinner about 5 minutes on the primary aspect (elevate one piece of zucchini to see when you have got good grill marks), then rotate each bit and prepare dinner 5 minutes extra (or till you have got good criss-cross marks.)
- Flip zucchini items over and prepare dinner 3-5 minutes extra on the second aspect. (You’ll be able to stick a fork in a single piece to see how tender it’s. I like this greatest when the zucchini remains to be barely crisp.)
- Whereas the zucchini cooks put together the sliced mozzarella and slice the tomatoes. (I take advantage of pre-sliced mozzarella, which makes the items all the identical dimension and makes this dish additional simple.)
- To rearrange the stacks, begin with a slice of grilled zucchini, add a slice of recent mozzarella, then add a slice of tomato. Drizzle desired quantity of basil French dressing over and serve straight away.
- Serve with a bit extra basil French dressing for folks so as to add on the desk.
I like Le Parisien French dressing for the Basil French dressing on this recipe however it’s laborious to search out when you’re not in Utah and any low-sugar dressing that you just like the flavour of will work. Right here is extra details about basil choices for Basil French dressing.
I like Newman’s Personal Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing (affiliate hyperlink) for marinating the zucchini. (You could possibly use that for the Basil French dressing too, though I choose a creamier dressing.)
This recipe was created by Kalyn with inspiration from some summer time favorites.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 65Complete Fats: 2.3gSaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 1.5gLdl cholesterol: 4.5mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3.3gSugar: 15.6gProtein: 4.7g
Diet data is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight-reduction plan Strategies / Low-Glycemic Weight-reduction plan / South Seaside Weight-reduction plan Siggestions:
In the event you’re making Grilled Zucchini Caprese Salad for a low-carb or carb-conscious consuming plan, it’s essential to make use of French dressing with lower than 2 grams of sugar per serving (or make your individual French dressing.) Tomatoes do have some carbs, however there’s loads of different low-carb substances to stability that out right here; slice the tomatoes a bit thinner when you choose.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Tomato Recipes or Salad Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight-reduction plan Kind Index to search out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may also wish to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This favourite Zucchini Caprese Salad recipe was first posted in 2013. It was final up to date with extra data in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.