Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac is ideal to make for a celebration, and anybody who likes Feta Cheese goes to like this recipe! You’ll be able to eat it with colourful veggies like we did, or see different serving recommendations.
PIN Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac to make it later!
Some individuals who comply with this weblog know my very long time pal Mary, and this Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac is one thing I had at her home earlier this yr when she invited me for one among her fabulous back-yard dinners. I beloved the dip from the very first style, and Mary despatched me the recipe for her model, which she served drizzled with just a little honey, sprinkled with crimson pepper flakes, and accompanied with crackers.
After I labored on the recipe with Kara, we went for a barely lower-carb strategy and I couldn’t think about not topping this Feta Dip with Sumac, which added such a pleasant pop of citrusy taste notes. We served it with red-and-green veggies for a vacation twist, however see the notes on this publish for heaps extra serving recommendations.
In fact it is a dip for individuals (like me) who love Feta Cheese, and should you’re a fellow Feta Cheese lover, it is a tasty snack you may make in about 5 minutes within the meals processor! The recipe I’m supplying you with makes so much, however it retains fairly some time within the fridge, or you may undoubtedly make a smaller quantity should you’re not making the Whipped Feta Dip for a celebration.
What substances do you want?
(That is ONLY an inventory of substances for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or should you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Feta Cheese (in a block; don’t purchase crumbled Feta)
- bitter cream, ideally full-fat Daisy bitter cream
- Minced Garlic (affiliate hyperlink), or use minced recent garlic if in case you have some
- further virgin Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink)
- lemon juice, I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice
- coarse-ground black pepper
- Floor Sumac (affiliate hyperlink), or see notes should you don’t have that
Why do I like to recommend not shopping for crumbled Feta for the Whipped Feta Dip?
Some individuals might surprise why I like to recommend shopping for a block of Feta Cheese for a recipe the place the Feta goes to be crumbled while you add it to the meals processor. However I really feel the pre-crumbled Feta goes unhealthy in a short time, and blocks of Feta which can be crumbled while you use the cheese at all times style more energizing and higher to me. If you happen to store at Costco, the Kirkland Natural Feta they promote there’s my absolute favourite and such a discount, however there are many good manufacturers of Feta.
What are you able to high the Whipped Feta Dip with should you don’t have Sumac?
We beloved the Feta dip drizzled with good high quality further virgin olive oil and sprinkled with Floor Sumac (affiliate hyperlink), and it was additionally scrumptious topped with a drizzle of honey and just a little little bit of crimson pepper flakes the way in which Mary served it. If you happen to don’t have Sumac and don’t wish to use honey, you may serve it with olive oil and one among these toppings:
What are you able to serve with the Whipped Feta Dip?
- The Whipped Feta Dip was nice with the tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, and crimson pepper strips we served it with.
- If you happen to don’t wish to trouble with reducing up veggies, Kara and I each agreed we favored it greatest with the cherry tomatoes!
- Different uncooked veggies I believe would style nice with this embody cauliflower, jicama sticks, carrot sticks, turnip sticks, and sugar snap peas.
- If you happen to needed to serve this with barely cooked veggies, I believe it could be wonderful with asparagus or inexperienced beans.
- I’d love this unfold on toasted items of Joseph’s Low-Carb Pita Bread (affiliate hyperlink).
- The Feta dip would style nice on any form of crackers or low-carb crackers.
- This might be an incredible unfold for Olive Bread or Savory Almond Flour Bread.
Need extra concepts for Low-Carb Appetizers?
Try 50+ Low-Carb and Keto Appetizers for heaps extra concepts for appetizers for events and vacation celebrations!
How you can Make Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac
(That is ONLY a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or should you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Crumbled the Feta Cheese.
- Add the crumbled Feta, bitter cream, minced garlic, 2 T olive oil, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, and coarse floor black pepper to the Meals Processor (affiliate hyperlink) the place you will have used the metal blade. (I really like my Cuisinart Meals Processor, however there are various good manufacturers.)
- Course of the substances till they’re principally blended collectively, or depart it barely chunky such as you see within the picture. (This took solely a few minute in my meals processor.)
- Put desired quantity of dip right into a serving bowl, drizzle with the remainder of the olive oil, and sprinkle with floor Sumac. (Or use one of many different toppings listed above should you don’t have sumac.)
- Serve with veggie dippers or one of many different recommendations listed above.
- I’m guessing this can preserve greater than every week within the fridge, however thus far I haven’t managed to maintain any round that lengthy to check it!
Extra Tasty Low-Carb Dips:
- 1 1/4 cup bitter cream
- 1 lb. Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 T minced garlic
- 2 T + 1 T olive oil
- 2 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. coarse floor black pepper
- 1 T Sumac
- Add the bitter cream, crumbled Feta Cheese, minced garlic, 2 T olive oil, lemon juice, and coarse floor black pepper, to the meals processor that is fitted with the metal blade.
- Course of the dip till it is principally clean, or with just a few chunks should you want it barely chunky. That took lower than a minute with the Cuisinart Meals Processor I used.
- Put the dip in a serving dish and drizzle with the opposite tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with Sumac.
- Serve dip with greens, low-carb pita bread, or crackers.
- Dip will preserve within the fridge for at the least every week. (It is going to in all probability last more, however mine was passed by then.)
Dietary data is for the dip solely, not the greens or different issues this dip may be served with. I calculated it primarily based on about 3 tablespoons serving measurement.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 114Whole Fats: 10gSaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 34mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Vitamin data is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food regimen / Low-Glycemic Food regimen / South Seaside Food regimen Solutions:
This Whipped Feta Dip with Sumac is an effective appetizer or snack for any low-carb weight loss plan while you eat it with low-carb veggies or low-carb pita bread. It’s a bit excessive in fats for the unique South Seaside Food regimen, however personally I don’t really feel that is too unhealthy of a selection in comparison with numerous different belongings you may discover served at a celebration!
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Appetizers to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food regimen Sort Index to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may additionally prefer to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.