Strawberry Spinach Salad has a novel and scrumptious dressing , and this may be an ideal salad to make for a celebration! And this wonderful salad might be decrease in carbs than you would possibly suppose!
PIN the Strawberry Spinach Salad recipe to strive it later!
I initially received this wonderful recipe for Strawberry Spinach Salad from a reader named Robin Oliver, and it’s been a favourite on the location via the years. And though the unique images for this weren’t unhealthy (and I’m even maintaining one in every of them within the put up) just lately Kara and I made a decision this recipe was so excellent for Spring that we must always give it a photograph make-over!
Now I now not have a backyard the place dill is rising, however I’m nonetheless intrigued with the concept of dill in a salad with spinach, and I didn’t thoughts shopping for a little bit bundle of recent dill on the retailer. I additionally nonetheless actually love the sound of the slightly-sweet dressing for this salad with a contact of dry mustard and onion powder giving it a candy and savory mixture of flavors.
I used my favourite sweetener after all, to make the strawberry spinach salad decrease in sugar, and once we tasted the dressing utilizing Monkfruit sweetener we determined some folks would possibly prefer to make it even barely sweeter, so I’m supplying you with that possibility..
When you don’t like dill, or don’t have any recent dill in your backyard I believe this salad would even be scrumptious with chopped candy basil! It is a pretty salad for an important day; hope you take pleasure in!
What elements do you want?
(That is solely an inventory of elements; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or if you happen to use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the whole recipe.)
About Contemporary Dill:
Dill is a short-lived perennial herb that’s utilized in many sorts of recipes. If in case you have dill in your backyard, attempt to hold it trimmed in the course of the summer time so the dill doesn’t go to seed. On the finish of the season you may let it go to seed and re-seed the spot for dill the following yr.
What in order for you a sweeter dressing for the Strawberry Spinach Salad?
Once you’re making this salad I like to recommend you stir collectively the dressing elements after which style the dressing with a spoon. When you’d prefer it a bit sweeter, simply add 1-2 tablespoons extra Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate hyperlink).
Can you utilize frozen strawberries for this spinach salad?
I haven’t tried utilizing frozen strawberries for a salad like this Strawberry Spinach Salad. And though I believe it won’t be unhealthy, honestly I believe recent strawberries will all the time be higher for a salad like this one.
What else may you add to this Strawberry Spinach Salad?
I believe this salad is wonderful simply because the recipe is written. However if you wish to change it up sometimes, you possibly can add Feta Cheese, Goat Cheese, or Gorgonzola Cheese or change out the almonds for pecans or walnuts.
Is that this Strawberry Spinach Salad low in carbs?
Strawberries and spinach each have a couple of carbs, however this recipe divided into the six servings the up to date recipe specifies has 9.7 web carbs per serving. That doesn’t appear unhealthy for a celebration salad that you simply make for an important day.
One other favourite recipe with strawberries:
When you’re additionally somebody who simply has to purchase some recent strawberries once they present up within the shops, it’s a must to strive Strawberries Romanoff, which is my different must-make-every-year recipe with strawberries!
Methods to make Strawberry Spinach Salad:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or if you happen to use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the whole recipe.)
- Stir collectively the dressing elements, style with a spoon, and add 1-2 tablespoons extra Monkfruit sweetener if you happen to favor a barely sweeter dressing.
- Wash and dry dill, then minimize away from stems and chop to get about 3 tablespoons of chopped dill.
- Assemble the dill, slivered almonds, and inexperienced onions.
- Rinse and dry strawberries, then minimize strawberries into slices.
- If wanted, soak spinach in chilly water in a salad spinner (affiliate hyperlink) after which spin it very dry.
- This salad doesn’t hold nicely, so don’t toss it collectively till proper earlier than you’re going to eat.
- Toss child spinach with the dill, chopped inexperienced onions, and almonds.
- Then whisk dressing elements collectively once more, and toss the salad elements with desired quantity of dressing. (Chances are you’ll not want all of the dressing.)
- Add strawberries and toss gently, saving some to garnish the highest of the salad.
- Serve instantly and await raves from your loved ones or company!
Wish to make particular person servings of Strawberry Spinach Salad?
When you favor you too can assemble the dressed spinach on particular person plates and prime with the strawberries; then drizzle a little bit dressing over the strawberries.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
This salad with spinach and strawberries would style nice with Rosemary Mustard Grilled Hen, Salmon and Asparagus Sheet Pan Meal, Pork Chops with Balsamic Glaze, Gradual Cooked Salmon with Butter, Garlic, Capers, and Lemon, or Instantaneous Pot Balsamic Pork Roast.
Extra Spinach Salad Recipes to Strive:
- 7 cups child spinach leaves (see notes)
- 1/4 cup sliced inexperienced onions
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (see notes)
- 3 T chopped recent dill
- 1/4 cup pink wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Monkfruit Sweetener (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (see notes)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (I used fantastic sea salt)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper (I used recent floor pepper)
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 cup additional virgin olive oil
- Stir collectively the pink wine vinegar, Monkfruit Sweetener, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, dry mustard powder, onion powder, and olilve oil to make the dressing. Style with a spoon, and add 1-2 tablespoons extra Monkfruit sweetener if you happen to favor a barely sweeter dressing.
- Wash and dry sufficient dill to get about 3 tablespoons of chopped dill. Lower the skinny stems with dill leaves off and discard the thicker items of stem. Then finely chop the dil
- Assemble the chopped dill, slivered almonds, and inexperienced onion
- Rinse strawberries and dry with paper towels, then take away stems, minimize strawberries in half, and minimize into slice
- In case your spinach is recent and crisp there’s normally no want to scrub it. But when the spinach is limp, soak in chilly water in a salad spinner (affiliate hyperlink) after which spin it very dr
- This salad would not hold nicely, so do not toss it collectively till proper earlier than you are going to eat it
- Toss child spinach with the dill, chopped inexperienced onions, and almonds
- Then whisk dressing elements collectively once more to make sure they’re nicely combined, and toss the salad elements with desired quantity of dressing. (Chances are you’ll not want all of the dressing; save in fridge for one more salad.
- Then add strawberries and toss gently, saving some to garnish the highest of the salad
- Serve instantly and await raves from your loved ones or company!
- This may also be served by including the dressed greens to particular person plates and topping with sliced strawberries.
- The salad would not hold nicely, so solely toss collectively the quantity you will be consuming, refrigerate leftovers individually, and toss them collectively later to make one other salad.
Seven cups of child spinach is barely lower than 8 ounces of spinach. The recipe might be doubled if you happen to’re making it for a bigger group, nevertheless it would not hold nicely.
Two cups of sliced strawberries is about one pound of recent strawberries.
I used Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate hyperlink) for this recipe, however use the sweetener you favor.
This recipe tailored from a recipe despatched to me by Robin Oliver. Robin received it from a pot-luck the place she requested the host for the recipe.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 276Complete Fats: 23gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 19gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 7.3gSugar: 4.9gProtein: 7.6g
Vitamin info is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight-reduction plan / Low-Glycemic Weight-reduction plan / South Seashore Weight-reduction plan Strategies:
When it’s made with an authorised sweetener, this Strawberry Spinach Salad is surprisingly low in web carbs so it may work as a special-occasion salad for low-carb diets, however in all probability not for Keto. It will even be possibility for section 2 or 3 of the unique South Seashore Weight-reduction plan.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Salad Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight-reduction plan Sort Index to search out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may also prefer to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This Strawberry Spinach Salad recipe was first posted in 2009, and although the years it has been successful on Kalyn’s Kitchen and I’ve made it many occasions myself. It was final up to date with extra info in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.