Rosemary Mustard Grilled Rooster is one among my long-time favourite grilled hen recipes, and everybody in my large prolonged household loves this recipe. And this recipe has so many good recollections for me!
PIN Rosemary Mustard Grilled Rooster to attempt it later.
Rosemary Mustard Grilled Rooster is a recipe that makes me wish to maintain on to summer season! And though Very Greek Grilled Rooster might be essentially the most pinned and considered grilled hen recipe on the weblog, when you requested me in regards to the grilled hen I’ve personally made most frequently, this Rosemary Mustard Rooster would win, fingers down.
I’ve made this tasty hen that’s marinated in lemon, olive oil, mustard, garlic, and chopped contemporary rosemary for household events, marriage ceremony showers, child showers, dinners with mates, and even only for dinners for myself. Little question about it, that is my signature grilled hen recipe, and plenty of the cooks in my large prolonged household make it repeatedly as effectively.
What substances do you want for this recipe?
Are you able to range the recipe when you don’t have each ingredient?
This recipe might be adjusted to your style and what you will have available, and it’ll all the time end up effectively. Generally I improve the lemon juice for a extra lemony tasting hen. I’ve used dried rosemary or contemporary rosemary and each are good, though when you have it I really like this recipe with Floor Rosemary (affiliate hyperlink) which mixes into the marinade effectively. When you don’t have Spike Seasoning or celery seed, no worries; use another type of all-purpose spice combination or simply skip it. If your loved ones is lukewarm on Dijon, you would use common mustard. Irrespective of the way you make this recipe, I guess you’re going to adore it!
What else are you able to make with the Rosemary Mustard Marinade?
The identical marinade used on this recipe can be wonderful on Grilled Zucchini! Take a look at my suggestions for How one can Grill Zucchini when you’re not skilled at doing that.
What when you don’t have an outside grill?
I’d prepare dinner grilled hen like this all winter lengthy on a stove-top grill pan with ridges (affiliate hyperlink) or on a George Foreman Grill (affiliate hyperlink) if it wasn’t grilling season, so attempt that when you don’t have an outside grill.
Ideas for Juicy Grilled Rooster Breasts:
When you’re not that skilled at making hen breasts on the grill, try my submit on How one can Make Juicy Grilled Rooster Breasts!
How one can make Rosemary Mustard Grilled Rooster:
(Scroll down for full printable recipe together with dietary data.)
- When you’re utilizing contemporary rosemary, chop it very finely. When you use dried rosemary, I’d grind it in a Mortar and Pestle (affiliate hyperlink) when you have one, or use a barely smaller quantity of Floor Rosemary (affiliate hyperlink) when you have that.
- Whisk collectively marinade substances.
- Make slits going throughout the hen breasts.
- Then put the hen in in a plastic bag or plastic container with a snap-tight lid, add the marinade, and let it marinate within the fridge for 6 hours or extra.
- When it’s time to grill, spray or brush the grill with oil, then preheat the grill over medium-high warmth.
- Lay hen on the diagonal throughout the grill grates and prepare dinner 3-4 minutes (till you see grill marks); then rotate and prepare dinner 3-4 minutes extra to get marks going the opposite means.
- Flip hen over and prepare dinner till it feels agency (however not onerous) to the contact, or use an instantaneous learn meat thermometer (affiliate hyperlink) to check hen till it reaches 165F/75C.
- Serve scorching, and look ahead to compliments.
- Leftover Rosemary Mustard Grilled Rooster is nice over a leafy inexperienced salad, or make it right into a Low-Carb Rooster Salad.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
Rosemary Mustard Grilled Rooster can be wonderful with Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts, Grilled Zucchini, Grilled Zucchini Greek Salad, Straightforward Grilled Greens, or Cucumber Salad with Balsamic Dressing.
Extra Concepts for Low-Carb Rooster Dinners:
Rooster Cutlets with Mustard Sauce
Keto Grilled Rooster Recipes
On the spot Pot Greek Rooster Tacos
Low-Carb and Keto Baked Rooster Recipes
Grilled Fusion Rooster
Weekend Meals Prep:
This recipe has been added to a class referred to as Weekend Meals Prep the place you’ll discover recipes you’ll be able to prep or prepare dinner on the weekend and eat through the week!
- 8 boneless, skinless hen breasts
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard (or mustard of your selection)
- 1/4 cup contemporary lemon juice
- 2/3 cup good high quality additional virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder or minced contemporary garlic
- 2 T crumbled dried rosemary (see under) or 3 – 4 T minced contemporary rosemary
- 1 tsp. coarse floor black pepper
- 1 T Spike Seasoning (non-obligatory, however really useful, or use any good all-purpose seasoning when you don’t have spike)
- 1 tsp. celery seed (non-obligatory)
- In case you have Floor Rosemary, use a barely smaller quantity of that for this recipe,. To crumble dried rosemary, put the specified quantity right into a small ziploc bag and crush along with your meat mallet or something heavy till it’s damaged up and partially powdered. When you’re utilizing contemporary rosemary, make sure that it’s extremely finely minced.
- Combine all of the marinade substances.
- Trim all fats undesirable components from hen breasts, then make small slits going crosswise down the size of every piece of hen. That is to assist the hen prepare dinner extra evenly. Watch out to not lower too far into the hen.
- Put hen and marinade into massive ziploc bag and let marinate within the fridge at the very least 6 hours or all day.
- If you’re able to prepare dinner, take hen out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
- Be certain your grill is clear and spray or brush with oil or grilling spray, then preheat grill to medium-high warmth. (Generally I exploit a paper towel dipped in olive oil to rub oil on the grill once more instantly earlier than I put the hen on. Attempt that when you have an issue with meat sticking on the grill.)
- Lay hen on the preheated grill at an angle to grill grates and prepare dinner 3-4 minutes (or till you see grill marks if you elevate up the sting of the hen.) Rotate hen going the alternative angle to the grill grates and prepare dinner 3-4 minutes extra (or till you see criss-cross marks if you elevate up the sting of the hen.)
- Flip hen over and prepare dinner till hen is agency (however not onerous) to the contact. Precise cooking time will rely on how thick the hen breasts are and the way scorching your grill is. For essentially the most correct approach to inform when hen reaches the protected temperature of 165F, use an instantaneous learn meat thermometer (affiliate hyperlink)to check hen.
You would possibly get flare-ups if the marinade drips down if you put the hen on the grill. I spray water on them, though some consultants say not to try this.
Don’t baste hen with the reserved marinade as a result of it comprises micro organism from the uncooked hen.
This recipe tailored years in the past from a cookbook and I not keep in mind the place I noticed it!
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 378Whole Fats: 23gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 18gLdl cholesterol: 102mgSodium: 1066mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 38g
Diet data is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food plan / Low-Glycemic Food plan / South Seashore Food plan Recommendations:
Rosemary Mustard Grilled Rooster can be accepted for low-carb, Keto, and low-glycemic weight loss program plans and it’s an ideal important dish for any part of the unique South Seashore Food plan.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use the Grilling Recipes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food plan Kind Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may additionally wish to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
Rosemary Mustard Grilled Rooster was first posted in 2005, and I’ve made it again and again for household gatherings since then! The recipe was final up to date with extra data in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.