Table of Contents
Greek Hen with Tomato, Olive, and Feta Topping is straightforward sufficient for a work-night meal, and this recipe has the Greek flavors folks love.
PIN the Greek Hen recipe to strive it later!
I really like Greek flavors any time of 12 months, and this straightforward Greek Hen with Tomato, Olive, and Feta Topping is a scrumptious dinner that you simply’ll most likely make again and again should you like these elements.
The hen has the identical flavors that made Very Greek Grilled Hen one of the crucial well-liked recipes on my weblog, and the tomato, olive, and Feta topping has the elements I really like a lot in Greek Salad. And candy grape tomatoes are one thing I purchase all 12 months lengthy and so they’re good for this recipe.
The approach for scoring the highest of the hen to offer extra floor for the marinade to coat is similar to my trick for Juicy Grilled Hen Breasts! After the marinating time it’s a fast meal; the hen cooks in a couple of minutes, and chopping tomatoes and olives and crumbling Feta for the topping gained’t take lengthy in any respect.
That is good for dinner while you want one thing fast. When you’re a fan of Greek flavors, I hope you’ll give this straightforward hen a strive!
What elements do you want?
(That is ONLY an inventory of elements for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or should you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it can take you on to the entire recipe.)
- boneless, skinless hen breasts
- Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink)
- fresh-squeezed lemon juice (I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice)
- chopped recent oregano, or Dried Oregano (affiliate hyperlink)
- recent garlic or Minced Garlic (affiliate hyperlink) from a jar
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- Kalamata olives
- crumbled Feta cheese
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to style
What should you don’t have time to marinate the hen?
Even should you don’t plan forward you may nonetheless make this Greek Hen dinner, letting it marinate for simply an hour or two within the fridge. You too can begin marinating the hen early within the day (and even while you go to work within the morning) after which cook dinner it that night time.
What if your loved ones doesn’t like Kalamata olives?
If the bitter taste of Kalamata olives isn’t successful at your home, you may positively make this recipe with common canned black olives, and even skip the olives utterly!
Need less difficult low-carb dinner recipes?
When you’d like less difficult dinners that may be on the desk rapidly with out a lot work, try Fast and Simple Low-Carb Dinners!
Methods to Make Greek Hen with Tomato, Olive, and Feta Topping:
(That is ONLY a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or should you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it can take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Trim hen breasts and pound them in order that they’re the identical thickness, about 1/2 inch.
- Make small cuts to attain the highest of the hen breasts in a criss-cross sample.
- Combine collectively olive oil, lemon juice, chopped recent oregano, and minced recent garlic.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the combination for the topping, pour the remainder over the hen and marinate within the fridge for a minimum of one hour and so long as all day.
- Earlier than you cook dinner the hen breasts, chop tomatoes, slice Kalamata olives, and crumble Feta and stir it along with the reserved marinade.
- Warmth a bit of olive oil in heavy pan.
- Prepare dinner hen 3-4 minutes on either side, seasoning to to style with salt and fresh-ground black pepper.
- Then serve hen with a few of the topping spooned over. Serve scorching and luxuriate in!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
This might style nice with Lemony Inexperienced Beans, Simple Grilled Greek Zucchini, Grilled Mushrooms, Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan, or Cauliflower Rice with Basil, Parmesan, and Pine Nuts for a low-carb meal.
Extra Tasty Dinners with Hen:
- 4 boneless, skinless hen breasts, trimmed and scored on high
- 1/2 cup olive oil (plus a bit of extra for cooking hen)
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice)
- 2 T chopped recent oregano (or in a pinch, use 1 tsp. dried oregano)
- 2 tsp. finely chopped recent garlic
- 1 cup chopped grape or cherry tomatoes (I minimize them in fourths lengthwise)
- 1/3 cup sliced Kalamata olives (I minimize them in fourths lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to style
- Trim any seen fats or undesirable elements from every hen breast, then rating the highest with small diagonal cuts that criss-cross, being cautious to not minimize too far into the hen so you may nonetheless flip them while you cook dinner.
- Combine collectively the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, and minced garlic.
- Take away 1/4 cup of that combination and put aside for the topping later.
- Put scored hen items right into a glass baking dish or a Ziploc bag and marinate within the fridge a minimum of one hour or so long as all day.
- While you’re able to cook dinner, take the hen out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature whilst you minimize up the olives and tomatoes.
- Gently combine collectively the minimize tomatoes, olives, crumbled Feta and reserved marinade.
- Warmth about 1 tsp. extra olive oil in a big heavy frying pan over medium-high warmth. (I used a 12-inch cast-iron skillet (affiliate hyperlink) which is nice for stovetop browning of meat.)
- Take away hen from the marinade and organize in frying pan in order that they aren’t crowded, scored aspect down.
- Prepare dinner 3-4 minutes on the highest aspect, or till properly brown, then flip and cook dinner one other 3-4 minutes on the second aspect. Hen ought to really feel agency (however not arduous) to the contact when it’s accomplished.
- Season hen to style with salt and fresh-ground black pepper. (Bear in mind the Feta is salty, so I wouldn’t use an excessive amount of salt.)
- Prepare hen on a platter or on particular person serving plates and spoon over the tomato, olive, and Feta topping. Serve scorching.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 405Complete Fats: 24gSaturated Fats: 6.2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 16.7gLdl cholesterol: 119mgSodium: 477mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1.1gSugar: 2.1gProtein: 41g
Vitamin info is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Complete fats on this recipe reveals larger than precise quantity, as a result of olive oil used to marinate is discarded.
Low-Carb Weight loss plan / Low-Glycemic Weight loss plan / South Seashore Weight loss plan Recommendations:
This Greek Hen with Tomato, Olive, and Feta Topping is ideal for low-carb, Keto, and low-glycemic consuming plans, together with all phases of the unique South Seashore Weight loss plan. Notice that dietary info doesn’t embody the marinade that isn’t eaten.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Skillet Meals to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight loss plan Sort Index to search out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also prefer to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was posted in 2016. It was final up to date with extra info in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.