- By Irena Macri
- | Printed:
- | 0 Feedback
Radishes, carrots or celery dipped in whipped cream cheese with chives and capers has obtained to be one in all my favorite low-carb snacks. It’s gluten-free, low-carb and keto-friendly and can be utilized in some ways: as a cream cheese dip or unfold, with smoked salmon, tossed by scorching pasta or greens, or as a stuffing in mushrooms or jalapeno poppers.
On this recipe, clean and gentle cream cheese takes on a brand new life with the addition of salty capers and garlicky chives. I’ve been having fun with it loads throughout the low-carb problem (as slightly dip with uncooked veggies) however it’s way more versatile.
WAYS TO USE CAPERS & CHIVE CREAM CHEESE
- You should use this scrumptious cream cheese whip as a dip with uncooked radishes, celery, carrots or bell peppers.
- Unfold over sourdough or gluten-free/paleo toast with sliced tomatoes or fried mushrooms
- Paired with smoked salmon on bagels or my low-carb cloud bread blinis right here.
- Toss by scorching pasta, steamed cauliflower or inexperienced beans.
- Soften over grilled hen or salmon.
- Make the tastiest mashed potatoes or stir into pumpkin soup.
- Stuff Portobello mushrooms or jalapeno peppers sprinkle with mozzarella and pop underneath a grill.
HOW TO MAKE WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE
You should use common cream cheese or low-fat, completely as much as you. This recipe is for a smaller batch so you possibly can merely multiply the elements to make extra.
Chives have that pretty mixture of spring onion and garlic flavour, just like the inexperienced components of leeks. When you can’t get chives, finely chopped spring onions (scallions) and slightly little bit of minced garlic will work simply as properly.
Child capers add each saltiness and tang; one other different could possibly be anchovies or finely diced gherkins. Solar-dried tomatoes additionally work properly. Be certain that they’re chopped fairly finely.
There are two methods to whip cream cheese: utilizing an electrical whisk or just with a fork. When you’re making a bigger batch, utilizing a whisk gives you the most effective outcomes. Merely whip it for 30 seconds or so. I made a small batch so I whisked the cream cheese with a fork till fluffy.
Discover ways to make versatile whipped cream cheese with chives and capers that can be utilized in some ways: as a cream cheese dip or unfold, with smoked salmon, tossed by scorching pasta or greens, or as a stuffing in mushrooms or jalapeno poppers. Low-carb, keto, gluten-free.
- Carry the cream cheese to room temperature to make it softer.
- There are two methods to whip cream cheese: utilizing an electrical whisk or just with a fork. When you’re making a bigger batch, utilizing a whisk gives you the most effective outcomes. Merely whip it for 30 seconds or so earlier than including chives and capers. I made a small batch so I whisked the cream cheese along with different elements utilizing a fork till fluffy.
- Add finely chopped capers, chives, salt and pepper. It’s also possible to add slightly bitter cream to lighter it up and make it slightly thinner. Combine with the cream cheese.
Spring onions (scallions) and slightly garlic or garlic powder can be utilized as a substitute of chives.
Child capers could be swapped for chopped gherkins, sun-dried tomatoes or anchovies.
Retailer within the fridge in an hermetic container for 1 week.
- Serving Measurement: 1/4 cup cream cheese dip + 4 radishes
- Energy: 209
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 580.9 mg
- Fats: 20.1 g
- Saturated Fats: 11.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 58.6 mg
Key phrases: Cream Cheese, Chives, Capers, Snacks, Dip, Appetizer, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Keto
MORE HEALTHY SNACKS & FINGER FOODS
BY IRENA MACRI
Concerning the creator: I share tasty recipes, suggestions, and meal plans that can assist you get more healthy and shed some pounds. I’m a professional vitamin coach with an Superior Diploma in Vitamin & Weight Administration. Extra about me right here.
PS. Some posts comprise affiliate hyperlinks, which suggests I obtain a small fee for purchases made by these hyperlinks.