This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These easy chicken fritters make the best keto appetizers. They have a delicious cheddar crust and are perfect for dipping in your favorite sauce or dressing. This post is sponsored by Cabot Creamery.
Game Day approacheth! Are you ready to munch your way through the Super Bowl with some delicious keto snacks?
The truth is that I don’t care much for the actual game. I hardly pay it any mind… I’m just here for the snacks.
And if you happen to be serving some of these keto chicken fritters, chances are good that I will hover near them. I won’t be able to help myself, they are so cheesy and full of flavor.
I could easily make a whole meal out of them. In fact, I already have!
Game Day and Cheese Snacks
You really can’t watch a big sports game without plenty of cheese. They go together like peanut butter and jelly.
I’ve got quite a collection of cheesy keto snacks, and you know what? Almost every one of them is made with Cabot cheddar. Hmmmm, I think I sense a trend here.
A few on my list to make this year include keto stuffed mushrooms and possibly my keto sausage dip. But I do know that these cheesy chicken fritters will have a prime spot on that appetizer table!
You simply can’t beat Cabot Seriously Sharp for flavor. And that’s why it wins so many awards. You also can’t beat it being such an awesome brand. Cabot is entirely owned by the collective of over 700 farm families, and they are a certified B corp that takes sustainability seriously.
To make these easy cheesy chicken fritters, you will need:
- Ground chicken
- Cabot Seriously Sharp cheddar
- Almond flour
- Red pepper flakes
- Oil and butter for the pan
How to make keto chicken fritters
- Use ground chicken: I’ve seen a number of recipes calling for very finely chopped chicken breast. But that
’sadds a lot of work and makes the fritters more likely to fall apart in the pan.
- Grate the cheddar: I used a full block of Cabot Seriously Sharp for these fritters and they were seriously amazing. They had a crispy cheese crust as they came out of the pan that was absolutely delectable.
- Add some almond flour: Ground chicken can be very wet and sticky when making meatballs or fritters like these. Almond flour or another nut or seed meal will help bind the mixture better.
- Mix in the seasonings: A little garlic, parsley, and red pepper flakes complement the cheddar nicely. And salt and pepper too, of course!
- Keep them small: Make the fritters no bigger than 3 inches in diameter. This helps hold them together, as well as making them perfect for appetizers and finger food.
- Refrigerate the patties: An hour in the fridge helps the fritters hold together better when frying.
- Fry them up! You should be able to fit 8 to 10 fritters in together in a 12 inch skillet so work in batches.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t recommend coconut flour for these chicken fritters, as it will make them dry and tough. Instead, try using another nut or seed meal, or even ground pork rinds.
Yes, you can cook these keto chicken fritters in an air fryer. Grease the basket well and then brush a little melted butter over the fritters to help them brown. I suggest cooking them at 400ºF for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking.
Yes, ground turkey should work well in this chicken fritters recipe.
They reheat very well! In fact, you can make them a few days in advance and reheat them prior to serving. I recommend a low temperature oven to warm them through.
Store any leftover fritters in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat gently in a warm oven.
You can also freeze the cooked chicken fritters for several months. Use a heavy duty freezer bag and remove excess air to avoid freezer burn.
Cheesy Keto Chicken Fritters
These easy chicken fritters make the best keto appetizers. They have a delicious cheddar crust and are perfect for dipping in your favorite sauce or dressing.
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 lb ground chicken
- 8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp grated
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter
Line a large baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, cheddar, almond flour, egg, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Use your hands to mix everything well.
Using 2 tablespoons at a time, form the mixture into small patties about 2 ½ to 3 inches across. You should get 24 to 26 patties. Place on the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate one hour.
Set a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of the oil and ½ tablespoon of the butter. Once hot, add 8 to 10 of the chicken patties. Cook about 3 minutes per side, until cooked through (the internal temperature should reach at least 165ºF on an instant read thermometer).
Place the finished patties on a paper towel lined plate to dry and repeat 2 more times, until all of the patties are cooked. Note: you may want to scrape out some of the baked-on cheese between batches, to avoid burning it.
Serve warm, with some ranch or bleu cheese dressing for dipping.
Cheesy Keto Chicken Fritters
Amount Per Serving (2 fritters)
Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.