Gradual Cooker Hen Fajitas are a simple dinner thought and with low-carb tortillas or cauliflower rice this can be a scrumptious low-carb meal! And Crockpot fajitas can prepare dinner in a couple of hours they usually’re nice to make in the summertime if you don’t wish to activate the range.
PIN Gradual Cooker Hen Fajitas to strive it later!
I received this recipe for Gradual Cooker Hen Fajitas from a weblog referred to as MomFood, written by a blogger named C. Jones who graciously agreed to let me republish it right here. That weblog disappeared shortly after I received the recipe, though a while later C. Jones did depart a touch upon the unique publish.
On the time she was nonetheless studying Kalyn’s Kitchen, so if she’s nonetheless studying now, I hope she’ll be happy to see I’m nonetheless having fun with this rooster fajitas recipe, and just lately I made fajitas within the crockpot and took a couple of photos. In fact, I do know these rooster fajitas made within the sluggish cooker aren’t actually fajitas like those that come on a scorching plate at a restaurant, however this recipe remains to be fairly scrumptious even with out that fajita sizzle.
These easy-to-make Hen Fajitas are scrumptious any time of 12 months, however I particularly like to make this for Cinco de Mayo or in the summertime months, as a result of this can be a no-fuss recipe and utilizing the sluggish cooker will maintain your kitchen cool.
What substances do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely an inventory of substances; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the entire recipe.)
What do I serve with Gradual Cooker Hen Fajitas?
The rooster and roasted veggies are scrumptious served in low-carb tortillas or over cauliflower rice, however in truth rice or tortillas are utterly elective for these crockpot fajitas. I typically eat this simply piled up on a plate with melted cheese, salsa, and a dollop of bitter cream. Some Cilantro-Lover’s Guacamole would go nice with it too, however sadly there was none of that available for the photograph!
Can Gradual Cooker Hen Fajitas work for Keto?
You possibly can simply make this recipe Keto pleasant by merely serving the rooster and veggies on a plate, topped with melted cheese. I’ve eaten it that means many occasions and all the time loved it! That variation would even be gluten-free.
What dimension sluggish cooker did I exploit?
I used a Crock-Pot 3.5-Quart Gradual Cooker (affiliate hyperlink) for this recipe, however as you’ll be able to see it was fairly full and a bigger sluggish cooker would positively work.
Need one other methodology for making Hen Fajitas?
If you need another choice for cooking rooster fajitas, take a look at my recipe for Sheet Pan Hen Fajitas, which can also be a winner!
Find out how to make Gradual Cooker Hen Fajitas:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Put trimmed rooster breasts, sliced onion, sliced inexperienced bell pepper, and sliced purple bell pepper into sluggish cooker.
- Squeeze contemporary lime juice over prime of rooster and greens.
- Combine collectively chili powder, cumin, salt, and rooster broth and pour over.
- Prepare dinner 3-4 hours on excessive or 6-7 hours on low.
- Serve the Gradual Cooker Hen Fajitas scorching, with low-carb tortillas or over Straightforward Cauliflower Rice for a low-carb meal.
- Or simply serve rooster, veggies, and melted cheese on a plate for Keto.
Extra Hen within the Gradual Cooker:
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless rooster breasts (see notes)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (I exploit purple onion)
- 1 purple bell pepper, sliced in half-circle slices
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper, sliced in half-circle slices
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rooster broth (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lime juice (roughly to style)
- flour tortillas (I exploit low-carb tortillas)
- grated cheese (I exploit Mexican four-cheese mix)
- bitter cream
- (May additionally add lettuce and tomato.)
- Trim all seen fats and tendons from rooster breasts, and lower rooster into 1 inch crosswise slices.
- Place rooster in crockpot
- Reduce each ends from onion, then peel, lower in half prime to botton, and lower into half-circle slices.
- Add onion to crockpot.
- Reduce ends from purple and inexperienced bell pepper, lower in half prime to backside, take away seeds and membranes, and lower into half-circle slices. (Reduce up the stem and backside finish too.)
- Add bell peppers to crockpot.
- Squeeze lime juice over rooster, onions, and peppers in crockpot.
- In a small bowl stir chili powder, cumin and salt into rooster broth (I used do-it-yourself rooster inventory).
- Pour over rooster.
- Cowl and prepare dinner on low for 6-7 hours or on excessive for 3-4 hours, or till tender. (I often prepare dinner about 3 hours on excessive.)
- Spoon rooster and greens into warmed tortillas (I exploit low-carb tortillas) and serve with toppings. This is able to be nice with Cilantro-Lover’s Good Guacamole.
- That is additionally scrumptious simply served on a plate, with cheese melted over and different toppings added.
You want about 4 massive rooster breasts to make six servings.
I used do-it-yourself rooster inventory however canned rooster broth or rooster inventory from a carton could be wonderful for this recipe.
Dietary info does not embrace elective toppings or low-carb tortillas.
Recipe initially from Mother Meals, a weblog which not exists.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 273Complete Fats: 5.8gSaturated Fats: 1.6gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 3.3gLdl cholesterol: 129mgSodium: 305mgCarbohydrates: 5.3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2.4gProtein: 48g
Vitamin info is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss program / Low-Glycemic Weight loss program / South Seashore Weight loss program Recommendations:
Should you serve the Gradual Cooker Hen Fajitas with low-carb tortillas or over cauliflower rice, this could be a low-carb meal. Should you’re serving this with low-carb or entire wheat tortillas, it might be an ideal meal for part 2 or 3 of the unique South Seashore Weight loss program. Simply eat the rooster and veggies topped with some cheese with out tortillas or rice for stricter low-carb or Keto.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Gradual Cooker Recipes to seek out extra recipes like this one! Use the Weight loss program Kind Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may also prefer to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for This Recipe:
Gradual Cooker Hen Fajitas was first posted in 2005 and up to date with pictures in 2009. The recipe was final up to date with extra info in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.