This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Hen Lombardy is an insanely scrumptious tacky model of Hen Marsala baked to perfection with mozzarella and scallions. Prepared in about half-hour!
The mix of mushrooms in a creamy sauce is scrumptious over prime any protein. Do this Creamy Hen Marsala or Creamy Garlic Pork Marsala for extra household meals.
Straightforward Hen Lombardy
Hello guys! Natasha from Salt & Lavender right here with my month-to-month visitor publish. Rumor has it that Hen Lombardy was a dish served on the Olive Backyard restaurant. It was so common that it’s popped up on-line and there’s many various variations. This “copycat” model may be very easy to make, doesn’t use a ton of elements, and is bound to be a household favourite!
I make this dish tremendous straightforward by utilizing an oven-proof skillet. That means, you begin the recipe on the range and end it within the oven with none problem.
Marsala is a fortified wine that provides this dish its signature taste. It’s best to have the ability to purchase it anyplace liquor is bought. It’s a tremendous addition to many dishes. For those who don’t have marsala, you possibly can attempt substituting sherry, however the dish gained’t style fairly the identical.
Hen Lombardy Elements:
- Hen breasts (I lower them in half lengthwise so that they cook dinner quicker and keep tender). Be happy to make use of rooster thighs should you want! Simply at all times be sure the rooster is cooked by way of to 165F with an immediate learn thermometer.
- Garlic powder – makes the rooster additional tasty!
- Butter – provides the sauce scrumptious richness
- Olive oil – helps the butter not burn when cooking the rooster
- Cremini mushrooms – be at liberty to sub with white mushrooms
- Marsala wine – that is the star of the dish!
- Hen broth – provides extra taste to the sauce
- Shredded mozzarella – melty perfection
- Scallions (inexperienced onions) – the final touch
Easy methods to Make Hen Lombardy:
- Prep! Preheat the oven to 400F. Reduce the rooster in half lengthwise to make 4 thinner cutlets. Sprinkle the rooster items with salt & pepper and the garlic powder. Coat every bit in flour.
- Brown that rooster! Add the oil and 1 tbsp of the butter to an oven-proof skillet over medium-high warmth. As soon as the pan is scorching, add the rooster and cook dinner for 4-5 minutes/facet or till golden. Switch rooster to a plate.
- Sauté the mushrooms. Add the remaining butter to the pan. Let it soften, then add the mushrooms. Sauté, stirring often, till the mushrooms have properly browned (about 5-6 minutes).
- Make the sauce. Add the marsala and rooster broth to the skillet and let it bubble for a few minute.
- Add the rooster again to the pan and let it cook dinner for a few minute whereas spooning a few of the sauce and mushrooms over prime.
- Cheese time! Take away the pan from the warmth. Sprinkle the mozzarella over prime (I focus it on the rooster), after which sprinkle the scallions on.
- Ending touches. Place the skillet within the oven and cook dinner for 7 minutes. You possibly can broil it on the finish for a couple of minutes if you need the cheese to brown. Serve instantly.
What to Serve this Dish With?
Attempt pasta, mashed potatoes, or rice. If you need one thing a bit lighter, serve it with steamed veggies or a facet salad like this Asparagus Salad with Lemon French dressing.
Extra superb rooster recipes: