I really like this Baked Teriyaki Hen and I take advantage of Golden Monkfruit Sweetener within the Teriyaki Sauce to make it sugar-free and low-carb. And I’ve up to date the tactic for this favourite recipe with some easy modifications that make it even higher!
PIN the Baked Teriyaki Hen to attempt it later!
This Baked Teriyaki Hen is an up to date model of a recipe I received many, a few years in the past from the sister of a former boyfriend. She received the recipe when she lived in Hawaii from a Japanese good friend who claimed this straightforward Teriyaki sauce mixture is the way it’s made by house cooks in Japan. I do not know whether or not it’s actually an genuine recipe, but it surely’s scrumptious and really easy to make, and I wager most children will gobble this up!
The recipe has been on my website for years, however since I first posted it I’ve develop into a fan of my “Hen Bake” technique the place rooster breasts are rapidly browned in a scorching frying pan, lower into thick strips, after which lined with sauce to complete cooking within the oven. That technique retains baked rooster from drying out within the oven, and I assumed the method could be an enchancment for this Teriyaki Hen recipe, and Kara and I undoubtedly thought that it was!
What Elements do you want?
(That is solely a listing of elements; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or when you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the whole recipe.)
Easy methods to make the Teriyaki Hen Sauce extra clean:
Should you look fastidiously at my completed images of the Baked Teriyaki Hen, you’ll see a number of small bits of garlic and ginger. That didn’t hassle us in any respect, however when you’d like a smoother sauce use one thing like a Magic Bullet (affiliate hyperlink) or Meals Processor (affiliate hyperlink) to puree the ginger and garlic as an alternative of the Mortar and Pestle (affiliate hyperlink) we used.
Can you employ recent minced garlic and ginger within the Teriyaki Hen sauce?
For years I did use recent minced garlic and ginger within the sauce for this Baked Teriyaki Hen. Then a number of years in the past I began utilizing bought Minced Ginger (affiliate hyperlink) and Minced Garlic (affiliate hyperlink), and honestly I can’t inform any distinction within the style. Use whichever you favor!
How will you inform when the Baked Teriyaki Hen is completed?
You wish to watch out to not overcook the rooster so doesn’t dry out, so I’d use an On the spot Learn Meat Thermometer (affiliate hyperlink) and take away it from the oven as quickly as a thick a part of the rooster reaches 165F/75C.
Wish to make the unique model of Baked Teriyaki Hen?
That is the third time I’ve up to date and improved this favourite on the location, and I believe the present recipe is the very best one but. But when anybody was a fan of one of many earlier variations (the newest one is proven above), you’ll be able to see the printer-friendly recipes right here.
Wish to make Teriyaki Hen within the On the spot Pot?
Take a look at my On the spot Pot Teriyaki Hen with the identical sugar-free sauce when you like these flavors and wish to attempt the On the spot Pot model!
Extra Tasty Baked Hen Dinners:
Take a look at my enormous assortment of Low-Carb and Keto Baked Hen Dinners in order for you extra scrumptious concepts for cooking rooster, and lots of of these rooster use my Hen Bake recipe technique has been such successful!
Easy methods to Make Baked Teriyaki Hen:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or when you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the whole recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Use freshly-minced ginger and garlic when you like, however this was wonderful with bought ginger and garlic.
- We used a Mortar and Pestle (affiliate hyperlink) to puree the garlic and ginger extra finely; in order for you it utterly clean use a Magic Bullet (affiliate hyperlink) or Meals Processor (affiliate hyperlink).
- Put soy sauce, water, Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate hyperlink), pureed ginger and pureed garlic in a small pan and simmer over low warmth, till lowered to 2/3 cup.
- Trim seen fats and undesirable components from rooster breasts.
- Warmth oil over medium-high warmth and brown rooster breasts about 3-4 minutes per aspect.
- Lower browned rooster breasts into same-size lengthwise strips
- When Teriyaki Sauce is lowered to 2/3 cup, get a Pastry Brush (affiliate hyperlink) prepared.
- Use the smallest casserole dish that may match the rooster in a single layer. Spray dish with non-stick spray, then lay rooster items crosswise within the baking dish.
- Brush Teriyaki Sauce over the rooster, utilizing about one-third of the sauce. Bake rooster for five minutes.
- Take away rooster from oven and brush with sauce once more. Put again within the oven and bake 5 minutes extra. (You possibly can brush with sauce much more steadily when you like.)
- Brush another time and put rooster again into oven and bake 2-5 minutes extra or till On the spot Learn Meat Thermometer (affiliate hyperlink) reaches 165F/75C.)
- When rooster is totally cooked and glazed with sauce, serve scorching, garnished with inexperienced onions if desired.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
This Baked Teriyaki Hen could be nice with one thing like Spicy Szechuan Inexperienced Beans, Air Fryer Peppers and Onions, or Barely-Cooked Asparagus with Lemon-Mustard French dressing for a low-carb meal.
Extra Baked Hen Dinners to Get pleasure from:
- 4 skinless, boneless rooster breasts (see notes)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (Use Gluten-Free Soy Sauce if wanted, see be aware.)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Golden Monkfruit Sweetener or sweetener of your alternative (see notes)
- 1 T minced ginger or recent grated ginger root
- 1 T minced garlic or recent garlic, finely diced
- 2 T peanut oil (see notes)
- thinly-sliced inexperienced onions for garnish (optionally available)
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Puree minced garlic and ginger with a mortar and pestle, magic bullet, or meals processor.
- Put soy sauce, water, sweetener, ginger puree, and garlic puree in small saucepan and simmer over low warmth till lowered to about 2/3 cup. (Style a number of instances to see when it’s as sturdy as you prefer it.)
- Trim all seen fats and undesirable components from rooster breasts. If some items are further thick, I’d trim the on the underside and save these scraps for selfmade rooster inventory.
- Warmth oil in giant non-stick frying pan over medium-high warmth and brown rooster about 3-4 minutes per aspect. (It shouldn’t be utterly cooked via.)
- Lower the browned rooster items into 4 lengthwise same-size strips. (If some rooster breasts are bigger than others, I would lower them into 5 strips.
- Select the smallest dimension casserole dish that may match all rooster in a single layer. Organize rooster in dish and brush effectively with about half the lowered Teriyaki Sauce.
- Bake rooster about 5 minutes, then take away and brush once more with a beneficiant quantity of sauce.
- Bake rooster 5 minutes extra, than take away and brush with sauce a 3rd time. (You possibly can brush with sauce much more steadily when you like.)
- Bake rooster about 2-5 minutes extra, or till rooster exams 165F/90C within the thickest half while you check with an On the spot Learn Meat Thermometer (affiliate hyperlink).
- When rooster is totally cooked and well-glazed with the sauce, serve scorching, garnished with sliced inexperienced onions if desired. In case you have further sauce you’ll be able to re-heat it and serve over the rooster.
I used rooster breasts that had been about 8 oz. every after trimming. Should you choose rooster thighs, I might use 8 skinless, bone in rooster thighs, effectively trimmed).
To make this gluten-free, make sure to use Gluten-Free Soy Sauce (affiliate hyperlink). Use any neutral-flavored oil if you do not have peanut oil or cannot use it.
I like Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate hyperlink) for the sweetener for the Teriyaki Sauce.
This recipe was tailored from one I received years in the past from the sister of an previous boyfriend who had lived in Hawaii.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 284Complete Fats: 8gSaturated Fats: 2.4gUnsaturated Fats: 5gLdl cholesterol: 102mgSodium: 1842mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: .3gSugar: 1.4gProtein: 40g
Vitamin info is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss plan / Low-Glycemic Weight loss plan / South Seashore Weight loss plan Options:
With Golden Monkfruit Sweetener or one other permitted sweetener, this Baked Teriyaki Hen recipe could be appropriate for low-carb or Keto diets. Should you’re making it for the unique South Seashore Weight loss plan, rooster breasts are undoubtedly really helpful over thighs for South Seashore.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Hen Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight loss plan Sort Index to search out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may also prefer to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This Baked Teriyaki Hen recipe was first posted in 2006 and the recipe was improved and new images had been added in 2010. Each the images and technique of cooking had been up to date once more in 2023. I really like the brand new model of this recipe that browns the rooster, cuts it into strips, after which bakes for a shorter time with the Teriyaki Sauce brushed on.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.