This web site could comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Superior Rooster Katsu is a crispy breaded rooster breast seasoned and dipped in Panko then evenly fried in oil till the crust turns into a golden brown. A light-weight and savory Japanese dish!
Rooster is very easy to make and comes collectively rapidly! In case you love rooster recipes do this Skinny Gradual Cooker Kung Pao Rooster, Straightforward Teriyaki Rooster Casserole or Finest Bourbon Rooster.
Ready to be Wowed!! That is an insanely scrumptious dish that tastes SO good!!
This Rooster Katsu is evenly breaded with a young rooster inside.
Japanese eating places initially began this Rooster Katsu recipe then it develop into much more well-liked in Japan and Hawaii.
With the evenly breaded outdoors and tender, juicy rooster inside this rooster rapidly turned a favourite meal for our household.
It’s easy to organize and solely minutes to cook dinner on all sides.
Excellent for a busy weeknight meal or feeding a big crowd for dinner.
This rooster katsu recipe will develop into an instantaneous household favourite!
What you have to make Rooster Katsu with?
- Oil: For frying the rooster in.
- Rooster: Massive rooster breasts then flattened.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to style.
- Flour: A bowl full to have the ability to dip your rooster in.
- Eggs: Whisked collectively and the floured rooster will dip in it.
- Panko: Provides a lite bread topping over the rooster.
- Tonkatsu Sauce: You should buy this at your native grocery retailer.
- Inexperienced Onions: Garnish over high.
Learn how to make Rooster Katsu recipe?
- Put together the rooster: In a big skillet preheat oil to medium-high warmth. Begin by slicing the rooster in half lengthwise and pound to 1 / 4 inch thickness.
- Coat the rooster: In three separate bowls, add the flour, overwhelmed eggs, and Panko. Begin by coating the rooster within the flour, dredge within the egg combination and end with the Panko.
- Fry the rooster: Add the rooster to the new oil and fry for about 3-4 minutes all sides or till the rooster is golden brown and heated by means of.
Suggestions for making Katsu Rooster:
- Getting ready the rooster: It’s best to pound the rooster evenly and flatten the perfect that you may. This may make sure the rooster will cook dinner evenly within the pan.
- Flour and Egg Combination: Start with about half of the combination within the bowls or pans that you simply use. Then add extra or change the combination This may keep away from any clumping.
- Panko or Breadcrumbs: In case you should not have panko, breadcrumbs may also work nicely if that’s what you might have available.
- Protein: If you’re wanting to make use of tonkatsu (pork cutlets) as a substitute of rooster that is also well-liked with this Japanese dish.
- What to serve Rooster Katsu with? I wish to serve this with a contemporary facet salad, jasmine rice or a shredded cabbage coleslaw combination to assist lighten the dish.
Learn how to Retailer Rooster:
- Make Rooster Katsu recipe forward of time: This may work nice for meal planning or getting ready for a much bigger crowd. Merely comply with the directions and cook dinner the rooster within the oil. As soon as cooked, place on a sheet pan or a glass dish to remain heat if you’re cooking for a big crowd. If you’re meal planning, let cool and reduce in strips. Place rooster in meal prep containers and go away within the fridge for as much as 1 week.
- Are you able to freeze Rooster Katsu? Sure! That is good for freezing. As soon as your rooster is totally cooked by means of, let cool and don’t chop up. Place cooled rooster in a freezer bag and lay flat within the freezer. This may maintain for about 1 month. You do not want to thaw this rooster since it’s breaded. It’s best to bake or sauté it when reheating.
- Warming up Rooster Katsu meal: When able to reheat Rooster Katsu, place in an oven at 425*F for 12 to fifteen minutes or till it’s warmed by means of. If utilizing a microwave cook dinner in 1 to 2 minute increments, flipping it in-between till it turns into sizzling.