Made with delicious herbs and savory flavors, this chicken seasoning will make any piece of chicken taste absolutely incredible! It takes any chicken recipe to the next level. You will never buy store-bought seasoning again!
Seasoning your food is so important! There are so many different herbs, spices, and delicious garnishes that you can add to just about any meal! Try out this seasoning salt, this everything bagel seasoning, or this taco seasoning for some of my very favorites!
The Best Chicken Seasoning
Well, my friends, if you have been looking for a way to elevate your chicken and take it to the next level, you have found it! This homemade chicken seasoning is the best of the best and will knock your socks off when you try it out! It’s coming up on BBQ season which means that I am going to be getting my grill all prepped and ready for grilling season. Part of that preparation is getting all of my homemade seasonings ( like this amazing Cajun seasoning) ready so that I have them on hand and ready to cook with!
So many people skip the important step of seasoning their meat and I am here to help you never make that mistake again! Not only is this chicken seasoning savory and flavorful but it goes with just about anything! Add it to some chicken breast and grill them up outside, use it to season some chicken breast in the instant pot or really, just use it every time that you make chicken. This chicken seasoning blend is that good and you don’t want to miss out!
What is in a Homemade Chicken Seasoning Recipe?
Chicken seasoning is a mixture of delicious herbs and spice blend that make the best flavor together! It really brings out a delicious taste in your chicken! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Dried Basil: I absolutely love the fresh taste that basil adds to the seasoning.
- Dried Rosemary: I make sure to use crushed rosemary.
- Salt: This will enhance all of the flavors of the ingredients in the seasoning mix.
- Brown Sugar: This hint of sweetness adds a delightful contrast to all of the savory.
- Garlic Powder: This is a must in this seasoning!
- Chili Powder: The chili powder is enough to add flavor but not any heat.
- Paprika: Paprika always brings in a unique, sweet flavor.
- Dried Parsley: This adds a beaitufl color and taste.
- Black Pepper: The black pepper marries beautifully with all of the other seasonings.
Can I make Chicken Seasoning at Home?
Yes! And I am here to tell you exactly how you do it. Prepare yourself because it takes 1 whole step to make this seasoning happen… And it makes a large batch that should last you a while. You will be done in less than 5 minutes and ready to cook all the delicious chicken dishes that your heart desires!
- Combine: In a small bowl combine dried basil, dried rosemary, salt, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, dried parsley and pepper. Store in an air tight container.
Homemade spices are my very favorite because you have complete control over your end result! You can change up the heat level, add in additional flavor, or even just double the recipe so that you always have some on hand. Here are a few ideas on how to change things up with this chicken seasoning.
- Adjust the heat: If you would like add some spice to your seasoning, add in a bit of cayenne pepper. Use more if you want it spicer!
- Dried Ingredients: You need dried ngredients to make homemade spices! Normally I am a fresh is best person but not when it comes to seasonings! Using dried ingredients is what you use to make this have the right ratio of flavor and to make it last a long time.
- Less salt: If you find it a tad too salty, reduce the salt a little bit at a time.
How Long Does Homemade Seasoning Last?
The great thing about making homemade spices is that you can throw them together when you run out! After you make this chicken seasoning then it will last for about 6 months to 1 year if you store it properly.
How to Store Chicken Seasoning
Once you make this at home and see how delicious it is, you will never buy chicken seasoning at the store again! Once you have mixed your ingredients together then store it in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
Now that you have your delicious chicken seasoning all ready to go, it’s time to find some more delicious ones that you can may on the fly at home! Homemade seasonings are a great way to bring personal touches to any dish. Crank up the heat, add in your favorite spices, really, the options are endless!