This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto Cranberry Brie Bites are the perfect bite-sized appetizers for New Year’s Eve. This post is sponsored by Pete and Gerry’s Eggs.
2020 is drawing to a close and I’m sure we can all agree that it’s been quite a year. Quite a year! The likes of which most of us never expected to experience. And I think it’s safe to say most of us (all of us?) would be perfectly happy never to have such a year again.
While we can’t know what 2021 brings, I say it’s time to celebrate the end of a crazy year. Our celebrations may be much smaller and more intimate than in years past but we need these celebrations more than ever right now.
I’m usually the one asleep by 9:30pm on New Year’s Eve. What can I say, I am a girl who likes her sleep! Being on west coast, we have the advantage of clinking glasses at 9pm as the ball drops in New York City. But this year, I may need to gut it out and say goodbye to 2020 properly.
Goodbye, au revoir, auf wiedersehen, sayonara! Game over, case closed, git outta here! Hit the road, Jack, and don’t ya come back…
Keto Appetizers for New Year’s Eve
There’s something about NYE that screams appetizers and cocktails. It may just be my family this year but we’re going bite-sized all the way.
Starting with these adorable and delicious Cranberry Brie Bites. They’re the perfect low carb holiday appetizer, a little bit savory and a little bit sweet. And they pop into your mouth in one easy go.
The crust is an almond flour based pastry, made with eggs to help it hold together properly. And what eggs would I use for such a momentous occasion as the end of 2020? None other than Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs, of course.
I’ve made it clear over the years that they are my egg of choice. I’ve been buying their eggs for years because they are truly organic, truly sustainable, and truly humane. It’s been such a pleasure creating recipes for their website, knowing that their farming practices embody so many of the values I hold dear.
Your keto cranberry brie bites will taste that much better, when you know you used the best ingredients!
How to make Keto Cranberry Brie Bites
These are as fun to make as they are to eat! Here are my best tips for getting it right:
- If you have any leftover sugar free cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving, you can use that for the cranberries. I always end up with too much and I freeze it for other uses. But if you’re starting from scratch, be sure to make the cranberry sauce first so it’s ready when you are putting things together.
- Be sure to grease the mini muffin tins, to allow the tarts to release easily. I brushed mine with some avocado oil.
- This keto pastry is easy to work with, because the eggs help bind it together. It’s flexible and easy to place in the mini muffin tins but don’t try to push it down into the bottoms or it may stick more during baking.
- Unlike conventional pastry, you can re-roll this dough as much as you like. It stays tender and easy to work with, and doesn’t get tough the more you work with it, as a wheat based pastry would.
- The brie will be much easier to work with when it’s cold. Brie is sticky and gooey at the best of times, but more so when it’s warm, so keep it chilled until you cut it.
- This makes a lot of mini cranberry brie bites. That might be the right amount for a larger party, but if you’re having a more intimate gathering, you can make a half batch instead.
Please see my Keto Cranberry Brie Bites on Pete and Gerry’s site!
Makes 48 bites, 16 servings (3 bites per serving)
Food energy: 178 cal
Total fat: 14.97g
Total dietary fiber: 2.31g