Kalyn’s Keto Coleslaw Recipe is the right low-carb aspect dish for any sort of protein; when you like coleslaw you’ll make this time and again! And in my large prolonged household the place most individuals don’t care about carbs, everybody will gobble this up and by no means suspect it’s low in carbs!
PIN Kalyn’s Keto Coleslaw Recipe to make it later!
It’s most likely not laborious to determine that I really like salads with cabbage, and there are many fascinating cabbage slaw recipes on the weblog. However I confess I completely love coleslaw, simply the fundamental sweet-sour stuff you make with the already-shredded combine from the grocery retailer. It’s a salad I feel is the right aspect dish to have with protein foremost dish.
So right this moment I’m reminding you about Kalyn’s Keto Coleslaw Recipe, which I feel is an ideal low-carb aspect dish once you need a salad with just a little crunch!
Years in the past I created this Keto Coleslaw Recipe, and once I served it to my prolonged household of completely not-low-carb eaters, a number of individuals commented that it was one of the best coleslaw they’d ever had!
In the event you like coleslaw in any respect I hope you’ll attempt my model of Keto Coleslaw and see what you assume! And when you like this recipe like my household does, you could find yourself maintaining a package deal of coleslaw combine and a jar of this dressing within the fridge always so you can also make this in a flash!
What substances do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely an inventory of substances; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or when you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the entire recipe.)
- coleslaw combine
- pink cabbage
- inexperienced onion
- milk (or use all buttermilk for just a little extra tang)
- white wine vinegar
- fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Onion Powder (affiliate hyperlink)
- Celery Seed (affiliate hyperlink)
- Vege-Sal (affiliate hyperlink) (or use barely much less salt (see notes)
- Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate hyperlink), or different sweetener of your selection
What’s the must-have ingredient for this Keto Coleslaw Recipe?
Coleslaw is certainly a salad that may be made to style, and also you would possibly favor this coleslaw with much less white wine vinegar or lemon juice or not wish to hassle with including pink cabbage. However the MUST HAVE ingredient for this recipe is Celery Seed (affiliate hyperlink)! That’s one thing I realized to like from my mom, and it’s provides such a pleasant contact of savory taste to cabbage salads.
How lengthy will the dressing for Keto Coleslaw hold within the fridge?
This dressing will hold within the fridge for per week or most likely even two, and when you don’t like numerous dressing in your salads I’m providing you with a recipe for sufficient dressing for 2 baggage of coleslaw combine. Make the complete quantity of dressing, and you can also make a giant bowl of low-carb coleslaw for a celebration or have coleslaw once more in a number of days!
Do you like salads with Cabbage?
In the event you’re an enormous cabbage fan like I’m, you should definitely take a look at my nice assortment of Low-Carb and Keto Salads with Cabbage!
The right way to make Kalyn’s Keto Coleslaw Recipe:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or when you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Combine collectively buttermilk, milk (or extra buttermilk), mayo, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, onion powder, celery seed, Vege-Sal (or salt), and sweetener of your selection.
- Chop up pink cabbage and thinly slice inexperienced onions.
- Mix coleslaw combine, chopped cabbage, and sliced inexperienced onion, after which stir in desired quantity of dressing.
- Season the Keto Coleslaw with just a little extra salt and contemporary floor black pepper if desired and chill within the fridge for a number of hours. That’s all there may be to it!
- If you wish to make this for Weekend Meals Prep, chop all of the substances and make the dressing, then retailer individually and assemble the salad the day you’re going to eat it.
- That is greatest the day it’s made, however that doesn’t cease me from gobbling up leftovers the following day at any time when I’ve some within the fridge.
Extra Favourite Coleslaw Recipes:
Weekend Meals Prep:
This recipe has been added to a class known as Weekend Meals Prep the place you’ll discover recipes you may prep or cook dinner on the weekend and eat in the course of the week!
- 1 14 oz. pkg. coleslaw combine (see notes)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pink cabbage
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced inexperienced onion
Dressing Substances (see notes)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk (or use all buttermilk for just a little extra tang)
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 T white wine vinegar
- 1 T contemporary lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. Veg-Sal (or use barely much less salt (see notes)
- 1/3 cup sweetener, or use a bit kind of, to style. (see notes)
- Mix dressing substances. I did in a bowl with a wire whisk.
- In the event you’re undecided how candy you want your coleslaw, combine the dressing with barely much less sweetener after which style and resolve whether or not you wish to use the complete quantity.
- At the least 2 hours earlier than serving, mix coleslaw combine, chopped pink cabbage, and thinly sliced inexperienced onion. Pour sufficient dressing over to moisten all of the cabbage and mix properly.
- Chill in fridge, then stir once more simply earlier than serving. (You might want lower than 1/2 the dressing for one bag of coleslaw combine. Preserve the remaining within the fridge for one more time.)
As an alternative of coleslaw combine you should utilize 6-8 cups thinly sliced and chopped inexperienced cabbage For the bottom carb model use sliced and chopped contemporary cabbage since coleslaw combine has a tiny quantity of carrots.
You might not need all of the dressing on this recipe; use kind of dressing to style.
I’m an enormous fan of Vege-Sal (affiliate hyperlink), which provides a bit extra taste than conventional salt. I’d use Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate hyperlink), however use any low-carb sweetener you favor, or use sugar when you don’t care if the coleslaw is low in carbs. You’ll be able to add among the sweetener after which hold tasting till it appears proper to you when you’re undecided how candy you prefer it.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 287Whole Fats: 28gSaturated Fats: 4.5gUnsaturated Fats: 22.3gLdl cholesterol: 17mgSodium: 266mgCarbohydrates: 7.7gFiber: 1.7gSugar: 4.6gProtein: 2.2g
Diet info is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food plan / Low-Glycemic Food plan / South Seaside Food plan Options:
Kalyn’s Keto Coleslaw ought to be nice for any low-carb or Keto consuming plan. The unique South Seaside Food plan would advocate utilizing reduced-fat mayo however honestly I’d use full-fat mayo, and I nonetheless wouldn’t fear about consuming this for any part of the South Seaside Food plan (even with the teeny-tiny little bit of carrots within the coleslaw combine.) Use whichever you favor after all.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Salad Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food plan Sort Index to search out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may also prefer to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This Keto Coleslaw was first posted in 2006, and that’s how lengthy I’ve been making it for my household. The recipe was final up to date with extra info in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.