Baked Mayo Parmesan Fish is really easy for a low-carb fish dinner, and this simply may change into your favourite new recipe for cooking fish! And this baked fish that’s crusted with mayo and Parmesan is simply so scrumptious!
PIN Baked Mayo Parmesan Fish to attempt it later!
I’m 100% positive this recipe for Baked Mayo Parmesan Fish goes to be a winner for plenty of you, even individuals who aren’t large followers of fish. I can say that with confidence as a result of a number of years in the past I posted Baked Mayo Parmesan Hen, and immediately followers of that recipe began telling me how they love that mayo-parmesan topping on fish! So I lastly determined I ought to make it a separate recipe by itself so different folks have been extra more likely to to search out it.
And immediately I’m reminding you about this favourite strategy to prepare dinner fish for my Friday Friday Favorites recipe this week! We swooned over it once we examined the recipe, and until you’re somebody who actually doesn’t like fish, I guess you’re going to find it irresistible.
And I’m going to suggest this recipe should you’re cooking for individuals who “don’t like fish” as a result of the mayo-Parmesan topping provides a lot superb taste that readers have reported that even fish-avoiders will gobble it up. I hope you’ll do this straightforward strategy to make baked fish, and that you simply’ll find it irresistible like we did!
What substances do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely an inventory of substances; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or should you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it would take you on to the entire recipe.)
- 4 fish fillets which might be a few half-inch thick
- Szeged Fish Rub (affiliate hyperlink)
- freshly-grated or coarsely-grated Parmesan
- Garlic Powder (affiliate hyperlink)
- coarse floor black pepper to style
What Fish Rub do I exploit?
One product I’ve really helpful for years should you’re cooking any form of fish is Szeged Fish Rub (affiliate hyperlink) a mix of spices that appears to me to be the proper seasoning for fish. I discovered it at my grocery retailer for a fairly a number of years, however for years now I’ve been shopping for it at Amazon.com, and I at all times have this in my spice drawer. When you have a model of fish rub you want, I’m positive it would additionally work.
What sort of fish did I exploit for the Baked Mayo Parmesan Fish?
I used frozen Mahi Mahi from Costco for the Baked Mayo-Parmesan Fish, however you can also make this recipe with any thick items of white fish.
Need extra recipes concepts for simple low-carb fish?
Try Low-Carb and Keto Baked Fish Recipes for simpler concepts for baked fish, or in order for you extra fish dinners of all types, have a look at Low-Carb and Keto Fish Dinners.
Easy methods to Make Baked Mayo Parmesan Fish:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or should you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it would take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Use any kind of agency fish fillets which might be about 1/2 inch thick. Thaw fish in a single day within the fridge and drain nicely.
- Rub with Szeged Fish Rub (affiliate hyperlink) or your favourite model, and let fish to come back to room temperature whilst you preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Mix the mayo, coarsely grated Parmesan, and garlic powder.
- Use a rubber scraper to unfold the combination on fish.
- Fastidiously switch fish to baking dish. Season the highest with somewhat fresh-ground black pepper to style.
- Bake fish within the higher half of the oven for about 12 minutes, or till the fish is beginning to get agency whenever you press on the aspect with a fork.
- Then flip your oven to BROIL and brown the topping for 3-4 minutes. (It could take much less time in case your broiler will get actually sizzling, watch it fastidiously!)
- There could also be somewhat little bit of liquid launched because the fish cooks; simply blot with a paper towel earlier than you serve it should you really feel the necessity.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
This baked fish can be nice with one thing like Barely Steamed Asparagus with Basil French dressing, Lemony Inexperienced Beans with Lemon Juice and Lemon Zest, or Stir-Fried Spinach with Garlic and Parmesan for a low-carb aspect dish.
Extra Low-Carb Dinners with Fish or Seafood:
- 4 6-8 oz. fish fillets which might be a few half-inch thick (see notes)
- 1 tsp. Szeged Fish Rub, for rubbing on the fish. (See notes)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 4 T freshly-grated or coarsely-grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- coarse floor black pepper to style
- Thaw fish in a single day within the fridge after which drain nicely. (f the fish appears fairly moist, I might place it between two paper towels and press out the surplus moisture.
- Lay fish out on the chopping board, rub on either side with Szeged Fish Rub (affiliate hyperlink) (or your favourite model) and let fish to come back to room temperature whilst you preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup mix the mayo, coarsely grated Parmesan, and garlic powder. The combination will probably be stiff, attempt to get it mixed nicely.
- Protecting the fish on the chopping board, use a rubber scraper to unfold that combination in a fair layer on the highest of every piece of fish. (It was a lot much less messy to try this on the chopping board than when the fish was within the baking dish; belief me on that!)
- Then fastidiously switch fish to the baking dish, use the smallest dish you’ve gotten that matches all of the items. Season with some fresh-ground black pepper to style over the topping on the fish. Bake fish within the higher half of the oven for about 12 minutes, or till the fish is beginning to get agency whenever you press on the aspect with a fork (thicker items will take longer to bake).
- Then change your oven to BROIL and brown the topping for 3-4 minutes. (It could take much less time in case your broiler will get actually sizzling; watch it fastidiously!) Serve sizzling.
We used frozen Mahi Mahi from Costco, use any agency gentle fish that you simply take pleasure in for this recipe.
I am loopy about Szeged Fish Rub (affiliate hyperlink) and apply it to almost each form of fish I prepare dinner, however there are different good ones available on the market.
This recipe was impressed by readers who advised me how they liked the topping from Baked Mayo-Parmesan Hen used on fish!
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 637Whole Fats: 26gSaturated Fats: 5gUnsaturated Fats: 19gLdl cholesterol: 360mgSodium: 674mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 94g
Vitamin info is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food plan / Low-Glycemic Food plan / South Seaside Food plan Strategies:
Baked Mayo Parmesan Fish is a superb dish for low-carb or Keto weight loss plan plans, and this recipe is gluten-free. For those who’re making it for any part of the unique South Seaside Food plan, they’d suggest reduced-fat mayo and probably a bit much less Parmesan. I believe it would nonetheless be fairly good even with lower-fat substances, however personally I’d most likely simply splurge a bit on the mayo and Parmesan; your selection on that!
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Seafood Recipes for extra concepts for fish dinners or Oven Dinners for extra baked essential dishes like this. Use the Food plan Kind Index to search out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may also wish to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This straightforward baked fish recipe was posted in 2019. It was up to date with extra info in 2021, and final up to date in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.