This pleasant Hen Broccoli Salad has a tasty peanut butter dressing, and this can be a distinctive salad meal that’s good any time of yr. Peanut butter followers will love this salad that’s comparatively low in carbs and excessive in protein, and it stays good within the fridge for a number of days, making it nice for Weekend Meals Prep!
PIN Hen Broccoli Salad to strive it later!
At the moment I’m updating the images to entice you do this Hen Broccoli Salad that’s produced from chunks of shredded hen, small bites of crunchy broccoli, and finely diced crimson bell pepper tossed with a flavorful slightly-sweet dressing manufactured from peanut butter, soy sauce, lime, ginger and garlic. I’d love this for lunch or dinner any time of yr!
You’ll most likely like this glorious salad much more once I let you know how straightforward it’s to make, and when you have cooked hen available you could possibly simply have this on the desk in 15 or 20 minutes! And I used to be consuming leftovers of this from the fridge for a number of days, so it’s a fantastic salad for Weekend Meals Prep.
What components do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely an inventory of components; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or should you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the whole recipe.)
- Peanut Oil (affiliate hyperlink), or different neutral-flavored oil
- Adams 100% Pure Peanut Butter (affiliate hyperlink), Skippy No-Sugar Added Creamy Peanut Butter (affiliate hyperlink), or different pure peanut butter with out sugar
- soy sauce or Gluten-Free Soy Sauce (affiliate hyperlink)
- fresh-squeezed lime juice, I used my fresh-frozen lime juice
- Minced Ginger (affiliate hyperlink), from a jar, or use recent minced ginger root
- Minced Garlic (affiliate hyperlink), from a jar, or use recent minced garlic
- Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate hyperlink), or sweetener of your selection
- rotisserie hen breast, chopped
- crimson bell pepper, chopped
- broccoli, minimize into small bite-sized items
- chopped peanuts for garnish (non-obligatory)
What impressed this Hen Broccoli Salad?
Years in the past I noticed the unique model of this salad in Sundown Journal and began excited about how I might adapt it to be decrease in carbs. I switched inexperienced peas for diced crimson bell pepper, used pure peanut butter with out added sugar, sweetened the dressing with Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate hyperlink), and upped the ginger for a extra highly-flavored dressing, and the outcome was an amazingly good mixture that I’ve ended up making again and again.
How are you going to make the Hen Broccoli Salad decrease in carbs?
This tasty salad is fairly low in internet carbs, however should you choose even fewer carbs simply use extra hen and fewer broccoli!
Extra Peanut Butter Love from Kalyn’s Kitchen:
How you can make Hen Broccoli Salad
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or should you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the whole recipe.)
- Whisk collectively the oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, minced ginger, minced garlic, Monkfruit Sweetener, and water to make the dressing.
- Chop up sufficient leftover cooked hen breast to make 3 cups diced hen.
- We tossed the hen with a part of the dressing to marinate whereas we chopped the greens.
- Chop up 5 cups of broccoli into small chew sized florets.
- Chop up a big crimson bell pepper into 1/2 inch items.
- Chop up peanuts, if utilizing.
- Combine the broccoli and crimson bell pepper with the hen/dressing combination after which stir in as a lot of the reserved dressing as you like.
- Stir in chopped peanuts, saving a couple of to sprinkle on prime if desired.
- I ate the leftovers from the fridge for 2 days, and was unhappy after they have been gone!
Extra Enjoyable Concepts for Broccoli Salad:
Weekend Meals Prep:
This recipe has been added to my class for Weekend Meals Prep the place you’ll discover recipes you may make on the weekend and have leftovers to reheat or eat once more throughout the week!
- 3 T peanut oil (or different neutral-flavored oil)
- 1/2 cup pure peanut butter with out sugar (see notes)
- 3 T soy sauce (see notes)
- 2 T fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 T minced ginger (see notes)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 T Granulated Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cups diced cooked hen breast
- 1 crimson bell pepper, minimize into small 1/2 inch cube
- 5 cups chopped broccoli, minimize into small bite-sized items (see notes)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts for garnish (non-obligatory)
- Whisk collectively the peanut or vegetable oil, pure or sugar-free peanut butter, soy sauce or gluten-free soy sauce, minced ginger, minced garlic, granulated Monkfruit sweetener, and water to make the dressing.
- Reduce up hen into chew sized items so you may have about 3 cups of diced, cooked hen, put hen in salad bowl, and blend in about half the dressing. Let hen marinate in dressing whilst you minimize up different components.
- Trim broccoli and chop into bite-sized items, to make 5 cups chopped broccoli.
- Trim ends and take away seeds from crimson bell pepper, and minimize into half-inch strips after which into squares.
- Coarsely chop peanuts, if utilizing.
- Add the chopped broccoli and items of crimson pepper to the hen dressing combination and stir to mix. Add further dressing till the salad is a moist as you like.
- Stir in chopped peanuts (if utilizing). We saved some to sprinkle on prime of the completed salad.
- Serve straight away or refrigerate for a couple of hours if making forward.
- This may keep good within the fridge for a number of days, and I used to be unhappy when my leftovers have been gone.
I am a fan of Adams 100% Pure Peanut Butter or Skippy Sugar-Free Peanut Butter.
Remember to use Gluten-Free Soy Sauce (affiliate hyperlink) if wanted.
You need to use minced ginger and minced garlic from a jar or minced recent ginger root and garlic, whichever you like.
We began with a couple of pound of broccoli items that we trimmed to get 5 cups small items of broccoli.
This recipe tailored from Broccoli Hen Salad in Sundown Journal, submitted by Sundown reader Betsy Dasenko.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 405Whole Fats: 24gSaturated Fats: 4.2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 17.8gLdl cholesterol: 60mgSodium: 650mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 7.1gSugar: 4.8gProtein: 33g
Vitamin info is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss plan / Low-Glycemic Weight loss plan / South Seaside Weight loss plan Strategies:
So long as you utilize pure peanut butter with out added sugar and use an accepted sweetener to sweeten the dressing, this Hen Broccoli Salad can be a fantastic selection for low-carb diets or for any part of the unique South Seaside Weight loss plan.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use the Salad Recipes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight loss plan Kind Index to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may additionally prefer to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2013, and I’ve made it fairly a couple of occasions since then. It was up to date with higher images and extra info in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.